Thread: help burning movie mpeg

express98's Avatar Poster

Arrow

Ok sorry but i ive looked,read more guides and im still stuck,got xxx 2 off bt used vidlan to extract mpeg and heres the prob how do i burn em to dvd tryed autherizing using nero,shrinkdvd but all i get is errors but i burnt em to svcd no probs,im new to burning to dvdr any help or kick in the right direction would be most appriciated...............when i try recode it ask for import dvd and if i drag files in i get you have to import dvd to proceed using nero

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Sounds like they are already svcd...you can try to re-code them to mpeg 2 by using tmpgenc and then tmpgenc author.

It is well known that Nero is not good at encoding.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    If you, like me are totally shellshocked and don't understand any type of video encoding then get DVD Santa, its a one click thing but is good enough for my friends who want TS's on dvd discs, and it only takes the length of the movie to encode.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    express98's Avatar Poster
    just wanna say thanks to u both for the quick reply,will give it a go cheers peerzy

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Have you tried using an mpg converter to change the files to dvd files, thats what I usually do, convert them to dvd files then burn, of course I have done this using .avi files using avi converter and dvd santa

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Yes just done the same earlier for a friend but I had to use NeroVision Express 3 because DVD Santa will only work with XP I'am still going with Me, same as said takes the same to do as the run of the movie ie this one was 1hr 39mins if I recall and only 3.4gig big.