Thread: question regarding gmail

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    When i try to open an email in gmail which has images, all i see are little "x" marks on the imgaes. For some reason no images are displayed in gmail.

Does this has to do with some settings or something? I can see images in yahoo, hotmail...but no images in gmail.

Why is this so? Please advice

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    that happens for me
    but i right click on the picture and click view or show image either one works for me

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    so there is no solution? accept what u r saying? If it was 1 image i wouldn't care, but there r normally lot of images....
    Last edited by sameer0807; 05-05-2005 at 08:34 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Strange that it does this only in gmail.

IE or FF?

Make sure that this box is checked:

tools > internet options > advanced > 'show pictures'

yo

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    It's a gmail "feature" that unfortunately can't be disabled. You don't need to right-click each image, just click the "Display external images" link to show all images.

They added this feature because spammers may insert images in the email which point back to their web server. They can then learn which email addresses are legit and send them more spam.

It would be nice if emails from people in my contact list had images automatically turned on, but nope, gmail doesn't even do that.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidelio
    It's a gmail "feature" that unfortunately can't be disabled. You don't need to right-click each image, just click the "Display external images" link to show all images.

Ok that worked fine...thanks!