Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefly is better than Star Wars. Yeah that's right.

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It’s shocking to see the amount of people raving on about the up and coming new Star Wars flick, with the last two being huge let downs, and the originals surpassing the classic status and into the camp/dated status.

I’ve watched the trailer for ep III which makes it look very, very impressive, which is a typical George Lucas trick. It’s not going to be a thing like the trailer, the only difference between this new one and the last two is that it will be slightly darker. It’ll be the same over budgeted farce, with a boring political backbone and over exaggerated effects toped off with poor acting Please, stop watching and endorsing them. Yeah, they were great fun all those years ago, but not anymore

Instead, look into Firefly. Don’t be put of by its Joss Whedon links with Buffy if you don’t like that sort of thing, because Firefly is something special. You can pick up the boxset for around £20 or under these days (though I paid £35 when it first came out ). You don’t have to see the series before seeing the film (Serenity) but you’d benefit more if you did. It’s unbelievably great. Only 14 episodes passed before it fell under Fox’s usual axe of uncertainty, but if the films successful then there’s another two movies planned

Just d/l the pilot (Also named Serenity) if you’re still not sure, it’s two episodes long, so it’s about the length of a film.

Don’t settle for less again and see Star Wars, for God's sake, have standards

About Firefly Official fan site Serenity trailers

Before you start flaming this thread, just give it a chance, if you already have and didn’t like it, fair enough
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 05-05-2005 at 10:34 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    heard people raving about firefly for months so i finally decided to download the whole series. Its a fantastic program, very funny at points and always seems to have an excellent twist at the end of every episode.

cant wait to see the new film and i hope they do make more.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Retired
    Why do you think Episode I & II weren't that good? You compared them with the older episodes (IV,V,VI)? I thought they were pretty good

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Why do you think Episode I & II weren't that good?
    Everything was to a lower standard, acting, plot ect. The only thing that stood out, like with all Lucas flicks is the CGI I’m not a fan of the originals either

4play knows

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I haven't checked out Firefly yet but anything has to be better than the dire first two prequel Star Wars movies though.

But...

and the originals surpassing the classic status and into the camp/dated status.
    Really? I still love the original three, I would have never thought that people would have considered them camp. Maybe dated but camp..?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Torrentspy have got the complete series at 3.53 GB, plenty of seeds too

they've always seemed pretty camp, to some anyway, and if you watch through them with camp in mind then it's gonna stick (ooo errr)

Edit: Region 2 DVD set @ £15.00 Inc p&p
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 05-05-2005 at 11:28 AM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    I remember when FireFly was being anounced on FOX (almos the same way ABC did for LOST),
    I like Csi-Fi, so I was very exited about it, I was there for the first episode and...
    wow!, -what a Load of crap-, I thought.
    But I know some people might like it, so.
    Last edited by worldpease; 05-05-2005 at 04:13 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by worldpease
    I remember when FireFly was being anounced on FOX (almos the same way ABC did for LOST),
    I like Csi-Fi, so I was very exited about it, I was there for the first episode and...
    wow!, -what a Load of crap-, I thought.
    But I know some people might like it, so.
    what didn't you like about it?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Better than Star Wars?

You're on crack.

The reason there is this thing for Star Wars is because it's universe is highly original and the new movie in particular will chronicle the fall of Anakin and subsequent turn into Vader, the rise of the empire and Palpatine, the advent of Strorm Troopers from Clone Troopers, the self-exile of Yoda, the birth of Luke and Leia and their split, and the Jedi Purge.

Firefly can kiss an ass in comparison. Sorry.
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-05-2005 at 11:44 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    what didn't you like about it?
    Well, It seemed humm... ridiculus (did I wrote it wrong?).
    Just like a low budget Sci-Fi movie.
    Just like 'Andromeda'.

Some times when there is nothing else to do, I watch Andromeda,
    and to this day, I still think its horrendus.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast