Thread: How To Get Crisp Theater Sound For Your Movies

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If your useing Windows Media Player 7-9, or another video player with an *equilizer* adjust it to look like this:

You will get very crisp clear sound and nice bass for those intense/cool scenes.

In wmp7-9 you may also notice a SRS Wow Effect. *Dont Use This For Movies!!* It adds soo much bass that you wont be able to hear much.

It works well with rap songs though. play around with em and see the diffrence. Make yo house sound just like an average gangsta car drive"in by.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    That's actually pretty similar to how I have the equalizer on mine for music, but the bass set on absolute max? Some people's speakers might experience a lot of distortion at that level, whereas on systems like mine that would be far too much bass and overwhelm the whole sound. The talking in films is mostly around the mid range so having this set lower than everything else also might be a problem, especially in action films with lots of music or sound effects in the background.

Bottom line is what settings sound good on your system might not agree with everyone else. Soundcard, amplifier (if any), speakers will all change the sound. But it is definitely a good idea to play around with the graphic equalizer - too many people never touch it, but it can really make your music/movies sound better or more to your liking. B)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    when i got these babies, i don't need to change my settings

hehe. thanks for the tip, i'll try it

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well Skillian, those are about the average settings to start with when tweaking and configureing it. It sounded ok on mine with a few movies. Some people might lower the bass . Just that srs bass is a major problem unless your listenin to Rap or Techno.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    i just change it on my sterio