• Don't Care

2 8.70%
  • What's Ares

2 8.70%
  • I don't use ares

7 30.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ares Links For Verifieds / Post Generator

Well for now we have mostly EDK2 links in the verifides and some still use FastTrack links although that seems slimmer these days. I had suuggested to rossco that we build a generator for poting hashes so that those that want to post them will be able to so much easier similar to whats been done in the NZB section and if all goes well you will only need the hash and some extra optional info for the Verifieds section.

So now the question is if we should also allow and have Ares link also along with the same functionity built into the generator. Ive seen quite a few mention on the forum regarding the app although it seems to still be a smaller network. If we do add it I would want those that are users to use it and make it worthwhile of course is all. Then I could add it this post also...
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=94141
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-08-2005 at 04:04 AM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    they're just links, people can post them...if some people don't use them...what's the big deal?

i mean, hell...you're supporting sig2dat links...who uses that ancient shit anymore? :\
    Last edited by Sparsely; 05-08-2005 at 05:02 AM.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I use Ares but wouldn't post links

Whole point of using verifieds is not only getting what you "click" for but also because the files are generally quite large. With Ares, unless it's a full album it would be a waste of time.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    I think the only point is if some intend on posting links then its worth it to bring it into the section more. Im not an Ares user myself and Im not even sure if there is a place on the web that has such a section now. Though if nobody wants or intends to post the links then there is no point although in it. I dont really think there needs to be whole lot of posters as just some would do I guess.

As for sig2dat it does seem rather thin these days but still gets some use I guess and has been on this board for some time. It was already suggested that it may be good to go through some of the posts that have only sig2dats and add an alternative edk2 link which might make the Verifieds a slight more attractive since that seems to be the one mostly used these days...
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-08-2005 at 06:11 AM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    there are sites with indexed links for ares...i'm not at home right now, so i can't give any links, but teh links can be parsed with php the same way ed2k links can, that way they'll be listed properly by type if a users does post an ares link.

Personally, when i post linksets now (for albums, at other places), i generally do both ed2k and ares.
    it's much faster to get an album on ares than ed2k, and the links are no less reliable.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Sure - I'd use Ares links if they were posted. Magnet links would be probably be another good option.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Wheres the I Don't Use Ares & Wouldn't Use The Links option? Otherwise the poll is always gonna come out in favour of people using Ares.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    then choose don't care or what's ares

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Added the don't use ares option.
    but you oculd have used don't care or what's ares anyway.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I didn't vote when I saw the poll the first time. Now I can... I don't use ares.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast