Thread: Merge incomplete

dmnyanks1's Avatar Post Captain
    Does anybody know a program which can merge two incomplete downloads of the same file?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I havent heard of any although how did you end up with two incomplets when you could continue the first incomplete from where you left of even with a differnt torrent as long as as it was the identical file...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I started the download with bitornado but I was having problems with it so I swoped too azureus and just assumed it would pick up where bitornado left off -it didn't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by dmnyanks1
    I started the download with bitornado but I was having problems with it so I swoped too azureus and just assumed it would pick up where bitornado left off -it didn't.
    it does.

Open the .torrent in Azureus and choose the same download folder . It should auto check the current files if not choose 'force recheck'

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Oh I see now as since they are different apps they will set the dl folder differently or deal with ir differently also. I suugest looking for another torrent of the same file at this point since I dont think there are apps that will do what your trying to and even if so it may still may be incomplete anyway...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yeah I didn't select the same folder and by the time I realised I had downloaded a 1gb and couldn't really restart.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    looking for another torrent
    I'm still downloading it from this torrent its just I want to save myself having to download the gb I downloaded with bitornado again.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Since bt dl in pieces you most likely have overlapping ones anyway...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    yeah, it's unfortunately probably easiest to let it run it's course. It can be frustrating to download so much data over again, but at least you'll get the file in the end.

The most frustrating thing is to leave a download running for a week or so, only to have the seeder abandon it, leaving you with 90% of a file and no way to finish it. Luckily, that happens much less often with private trackers.