Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hard drive in ps2

i once read somewheres that u can use a Hard drive instead of memory cards for ur ps2. how do i do it and is it even possible? im pretty sure i heard it on here quite a long time ago.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You can buy a ps2 hardware. it fits in the "dock" at the back.

And i'm not sure, cause i've never seen one, but i think you need the network adaptor to use it (it has the hookups built into it).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah, it only works on the old big type ps2's. you have to buy the network card which has a dock for a hardrive, i think it has to be a ps2 hardrive, and not just any hdd.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    you can use any old IDE hard drive with a network adapter on a ps2, but i reccomend a maxtor hard drive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    k, cuz i have a western digital 4 GB sittin here and i want to use it as a memory card for my ps2. all i need is the network adapter and it will work then?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerrought
    k, cuz i have a western digital 4 GB sittin here and i want to use it as a memory card for my ps2. all i need is the network adapter and it will work then?
    no, i tried that.
    the plugs inside of the network adaptor are in a fixed place, so they won't line up with any hardware.
    You might get lucky, but i wouldn't take the chance buying the network adaptor if u have no other use for it, unless you're going to buy the ps2 harddrive.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ill see if i can find a friend with a network adapter and if his works then ill buy 1

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    I recommend getting a HD, its the best thing I ever got for my ps2

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    So with hdloader.... all i do is buy the disc from a modchip site. Then install it on my pc ? Then hook up the ps2 to my pc , using the network adapter, right?

Would i also need a modchip ? And can i use my pc harddrive to load games onto ps2 or would i have to buy the sony ps2 harddrive (hdd)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    So with hdloader.... all i do is buy the disc from a modchip site. Then install it on my pc ? Then hook up the ps2 to my pc , using the network adapter, right?

Would i also need a modchip ? And can i use my pc harddrive to load games onto ps2 or would i have to buy the sony ps2 harddrive (hdd)
    you buy HD, install it on Ps2 with the network adapter, you get HD Loader and install it on the HD with the ps2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast