Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: key skills <_<

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    are any of you doing a college course in the UK, have you too been lumbered by the big fucking waste of time known as "key skills", because i have for the past three years

why does the government keep making them a necessary part of each course, i've spent the past two hours playing snakes - when my time could be spent at home playing super monkey ball ( )

it takes up about 9 or so hours a week, and has done for all three courses ive done so far, and it's the equivalent of g..c.s.e's ffs who in their right mind would want to do gcse's on a course they signed up for to fix computers, it's just not needed and it's a huge waste of time, and above all else, it's mandatory
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 05-12-2005 at 09:41 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    what exactly do you do in "key skills" course?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    what exactly do you do in "key skills" course?
    play snakes

4. Lounge   -   #4
    it's also meant to include spreadsheet/database ect it's basically, maths, english and ict - when enrolling for the course i did not sign up for english and maths

5. Lounge   -   #5
    since you seem to know the entire course why not ask you professor to give you the exam now?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    since you seem to know the entire course why not ask you professor to give you the exam now?

it's not allowed, and i don't want to do english and maths tests, that's the problem

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I had to do a similar thing for A-levels. It was only 2 hours a week but was mandatory. Pointless lessons which included a self awareness module, a Spanish 4 hour course (), something called O.S.P. - I didn't know what it meant and still don't and other rubbish I can't remember now.

There wasn't an exam but you passed based on your attendence ... so I just chatted about stuff with the other people in the classroom
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    As a certified GCSEFFS Administrator, I will now give you the exam.
    Should you fail to pass - you will be sentenced to 20 years of MicrosoftEnglish and counting piss drops on toilet floors.
    Should you pass - you will be granted extra points per super monkey ball score.

Code:
    Mulder Math & English GCSE Exam 2005

-English
    1.Fill in the empty spaces.

Scully is a ******* *****

2.Find the grammatical errors in this text

I had to do a similar thing for A-levels. It was only 2 hours a week but was mandatory. Pointless lessons which included a self awareness module, a Spanish 4 hour course (), something called O.S.P. - I didn't know what it meant and still don't and other rubbish I can't remember now.

There wasn't an exam but you passed based on your attendence ... so I just chatted about stuff with the other people in the classroom 

-Math

If there are 5 apples, and you take 3 apples, how many apples do you have.

Good luck
    Last edited by 99%; 05-12-2005 at 10:13 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Spoiler: Show
    Don't look til you're finished, arky!!!111
    Last edited by manker; 05-12-2005 at 10:17 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by 99%; 05-12-2005 at 10:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast