Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is btefnet.net dead?

obey the duck
    Okay, forget it. It is dead. And so are 5 others. Click here to see why.

Last edited by asari; 05-13-2005 at 04:10 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    yeah shuntv is gone too

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    ZDNET:

Continuing its war on Internet file-swapping sites, the Motion Picture Association of America said Thursday that it has filed lawsuits against a half-dozen hubs for TV show trading.

The trade association said that piracy of TV programming is growing quickly online, and that shows are as important to protect as big-budget films. This is the first legal action from the group that has focused most heavily on TV content.

"Every television series depends on other markets (such as) syndication and international sales to earn back the enormous investment required to produce the comedies and dramas we all enjoy," MPAA Chief Executive Officer Dan Glickman said in a statement. "Those markets are substantially hurt when that content is stolen."

The latest round of suits retains a focus on BitTorrent technology, which has been widely used online to distribute movies and films.

The suits are focused on the sites that serve as traffic directors for BitTorrent swaps, rather than on individual computer users uploading and downloading content. The MPAA also has sued individuals, but has not said how many people have been targeted.

The six sites sued Thursday include ShunTV, Zonatracker, Btefnet, Scifi-Classics, CDDVDHeaven and Bragginrights.

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?s...37235&from=rss

KenDaMan writes "ZDNet.com is reporting that the MPAA is targeting websites that serve as traffic directors for BitTorrent swaps. From the article: 'Continuing its war on Internet file-swapping sites, the Motion Picture Association of America said Thursday that it has filed lawsuits against a half-dozen hubs for TV show trading.' Apparently it is OK to record TV as long as your aren't sharing it."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Dammit. Btefnet was a great tv site. Never tried any of the others. Oh well.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    btefnet.net was a great site. The quality was always so high... b'ah. Where am I going to get my high quality TV shows from now?

I always understood that uploading TV shows (as long as they weren't DVD rips) wasn't illegal... shows how wrong I was.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTim
    btefnet.net was a great site. The quality was always so high... b'ah. Where am I going to get my high quality TV shows from now?
    Elite Torrents, FileList, Pisexy etc ... don't worry u still have the choice

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    i wonder if they are still serving torrents from their irc channel still ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    This really sucks.....that's where I was getting my Dr Who from

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing ever lasts forever where the hell am i spose to get TV shows now??

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    When ever I missed a TV show, or wanted to keep something, I used to get it from btefnet - miles higher quality that videoing it, or any other site, it's on your computer, and they upload so soon after it's on TV.

My question is, really, what alternatives do we have now, for getting TV shows after they've been on TV - at such a high quality. I mean, who were the people that captured and uploaded the TV shows, and are they still doing it somewhere else (Someone else mentioned IRC - but I don't really know what that is).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast