Thread: is ares working for you?

I've been trying to connect onto it for the past 2 weeks, but it just keeps saying "connecting" forever

I've turned off my firewall, left the damn thing on for like 3 hours, and it's like that........I didn't notice that problem before....

anyone else having this problem?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    I had that problem, but it started working again, once I uninstalled and installed Ares Lite...
    Weird!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Are you using the newest version. There was an article at Slyck a while back saying alot of people were having connection problems with Ares and it said updating was fixing the problem. If you are up to date, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    the trick to keep from getting this problem is to run ares at least twice a week, to keep your node cache up to date

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Novice
    Open Ares, click on "Control Panel", make sure that the "connect" button is clicked next to the "disconnect". If that don't work, try thinking about what kind of firewall do you have, router? Do you have Peerguardian cause it sometimes blocks things you don't want it to. If that doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall the software just like mentioned earlier on this thread.

Note: Ares is sometimes offline for a couple of hours to even a couple of days, just be patient.

But in your case its been two weeks so something is not right. Hope this helped.

ALSO TRY DISCONNECT AND CONNECT AGAIN UNTIL IT CONNECTS, THIS WORKED FOR ME!
    Last edited by kurse; 05-16-2005 at 12:39 AM.
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold"

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    just telll us about the results.
    what about the # of results per search ?
    Crazy about filesharing

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    WASTEd 24/7
    The number of results per search? lol
    That really depends upon what you search!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    i was getting same problem
    uninstall and reinstall and it worked

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    It also depends on how Old your Ares is...Comet releases New Builds but rarely do they get posted unless some user does.Newest Build is 2964...anything 2956 or below will nolonger connect.
    Last edited by Lion7718; 05-28-2005 at 01:48 PM.