Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 3: Welcome Chang3!

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Although not officially confirmed yet, below is the first PlayStation 3 picture unveiled! LOTs more to come on this shortly....and to quote from GamersReports.com and also GamesAreFun.com:

The PS3 will ship in March, 2006 in JAPAN (earlier than what a lot of people thought before) and there will be 2 versions of PS3, but only the first version will be shipped next March, (at a price range of $299-399) with a read only Blue-Ray, and as mentioned a 120 GB hard disk capacity. The second version of PS3 will ship some months later, ( 399-599$ ) with a writer Blue-Ray, a 400 GB hard disk, for the main purpose of recording TV digitally. Specs and info:

• 1 CELL running at 4 GHZ, providing 256 GFLOPS power (1 PPE, L1 cache 32 KB, L2 cache 512 KB, and 8 SPE each one having 256 KB).
    • there is 2 I/O ( input/output ) on CELL, to communicate with other parts of the console, the first I/O of the CELL has the main purpose to communicate with the unified shared (between the CELL and the GPU) XDR Ram memory ( from RAMBUS) at a 50 GB/s bandwidth ( 4 * 64 MB = 256 MB of memory )
    • The second I/O is called FlexIO ( flexible input/output ) and this allow the CELL to communicate with the next generation NVIDIA GPU at a 76.8 GB/s bandwidth ( this GPU with 190 million transistors will run at a 600 MHZ, with a 32 rendering pipelines, associated with 16 MB of Toshiba Embedded DRAM of 256 GB/s bandwidth)

The CELL will help the GPU in creating advanced physics for particle effects.
    • retro compatibility with PS1 ( emulated by the CELL ) and PS2 ( emulated by the CELL )
    • a Hard Disk of 160 GO, Ethernet port ( no modem this time ), wireless, USB2 port, and a flash stick memory duo-pro support.
    • the controllers will not so much differ from those of PS2, with the main difference that they will be WIRELESS, and with better analog buttons and more varied vibration effects.
    • If the first CELL IBM produced prototypes are using 90 nanometer technology, the first SDKs containing the CELL that developers will receive after 2 months will be produced with this technology, but the CELLs that will be used on PS3 ( and later SDKs ) will be produced with the 65 nanometer technology, allowing sony to decrease the costs of PS3, and to tackle the problems of HEAT.
    • The PS3 will ship on MARS 2006 in JAPAN ( earlier than what a lot of people thought before ) there will be 2 versions of PS3, but only the first version will be shipped on mars 2006, ( at a price range of 299-399 $ ) with a read only blue-ray, and as mentioned a 120 GO hard disk capacity. The second version of PS3 will ship some months later, ( 399-599$ ) with a writer blue/ray, a 400 GO hard disk, for the main purpose of recording TV digital programs.
    Date of releasing the PS3 on USA and Europe hasn’t been determined yet by sont but its believed that the PS3 will ship between July and October 2006 in USA and in late 2006 in Europe.

Last edited by asmithz; 05-16-2005 at 08:15 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    Looks totally fake, but it does look good. Mabey concept art, i dont know.

3. Games   -   #3
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Looks a bit too much like a VCR or DVD player IMO...

4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mike45450
    Looks a bit too much like a VCR or DVD player IMO...
    Probly where there going with it. Think of it as a midea device, rather then a console.

5. Games   -   #5
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    what the feck is that metal toblerone thing?

plus i doubt consoles will ever write discs

6. Games   -   #6
    Updated with more info

PS3 will ship between July and October 2006 in USA

FUCK
    Last edited by asmithz; 05-16-2005 at 08:12 PM.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    what the feck is that metal toblerone thing?
    You gusse is as good as mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    plus i doubt consoles will ever write discs
    Rumor is that the xbox 360 will have Dvd Burner. That was blurted out in a interview, i dont trust the source tho. Ps3 might do it to compete.

8. Games   -   #8
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    if that really is the ps3 im not sure i like the design, but the idea of the control pad being cordless sounds great to me, no more tangled cords

shame how long we have to wait for the fucker though, i guess with all these new features it should be well worth the wait, the recording from Tv function is just the coolest thing ever!!

9. Games   -   #9
    Im gonna have to get this imported, i cant wait that long. LOL Theres to big of a gap, from when they get it to when we do. It will probly be region 0 too.

10. Games   -   #10
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    who is this Chang III and why should i welcome a stranger into my home?

also i don't think they would change the controller, i think the current one is just about perfect, except for people with small girlish hands, like my sister, that big girl pants
    Last edited by DarthInsinuate; 05-16-2005 at 08:36 PM.
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast