Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: IE7 Will Have Tabbed Browsing

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Tabbed browsing (with Firefox) is much easier for me because I have multiple websites open at any one time plus all my favourite links are just above that in the bookmark toolbar. Less clutter and ease of use.

I get annoyed now if something opens in a new window (only happens occasionally) and will close it straight away and open it in a new tab.

It's all about what you prefer at the end of the day though. Whether you prefer a superior browsing experience or a clunky awkward mess.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I agree with Chewie 100%. IT'S JUST A PREFERENCE!!

Sheesh, you FF people are out of control. You think that your almighty FF browser is impervious to fault. That's it's infallible, "safer" browsing style is such a big deal. Anytime anyone has a single minute question about something in IE, the only responses are, "Dump your shitty IE browser and get FF" or something of it's likeness. All these FF clansmen and their 'Holier than thou' attitude is enough to make me want to stay with IE in itself. Like I said before, it's just a preference. I've tried FF on two separate occasions and went back to IE after getting frustrated with what I considered a lack of options with FF. Some of us just prefer windows. I don't really care if it's a window or a tab so long as it's on the bottom of the screen, that part is just what I'm used to.

Besides, the doggy runs to fast w/ FF if I remember correctly.

Last edited by Skizo; 05-20-2005 at 09:31 AM.

yo

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I agree with Chewie 100%. IT'S JUST A PREFERENCE!!

Sheesh, you FF people are out of control. You think that your almighty FF browser is impervious to fault. That's it's infallible, "safer" browsing style is such a big deal. Anytime anyone has a single minute question about something in IE, the only responses are, "Dump your shitty IE browser and get FF" or something of it's likeness. All these FF clansmen and their 'Holier than thou' attitude is enough to make me want to stay with IE in itself. Like I said before, it's just a preference. I've tried FF on two separate occasions and went back to IE after getting frustrated with what I considered a lack of options with FF. Some of us just prefer windows. I don't really care if it's a window or a tab so long as it's on the bottom of the screen, that's what I'm used to.

Exactly. It is all about preference, if a browser like FF is too difficult for people to use then they should stick with what they know. IE is there so anyone can get on the internet, even stupid people.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Exactly. It is all about preference, if a browser like FF is too difficult for people to use then they should stick with what they know. IE is there so anyone can get on the internet, even stupid people.
    Hmmm...I don't seem to recall stating anything about difficulty, could you quote me that line please?
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-20-2005 at 09:30 AM.

yo

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    Hmmm...I don't seem to recall stating anything about difficulty, could you quote me that line please?

You did, you just didn't realise it.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You did, you just didn't realise it.
    I can assure you that I did not. I believe I hit closer to stating that it's simplicity is what I didn't like.
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-20-2005 at 09:33 AM.

yo

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    I can assure you that I did not. I believe I hit closer to stating that it's simplicity is what I didn't like.

Thanks for proving my point.
    what I considered a lack of options
    Just because you can't find them doesn't mean they're not there.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

what I considered a lack of options
    I have proved no point of yours at all, you are mearly attempting to manipulate my meaning.

All of the options that I use are already included in IE except one, a Flash saving plug-in which I easily found quite some time ago. Why would I want to get a browser that I have to try and setup like an already useful browser?? Because it's "customizable"?? pffft!

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-20-2005 at 09:53 AM.

yo

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #39

I have proved no point of yours at all, you are mearly attempting to manipulate my meaning.

All of the options that I use are already included in IE except one, a Flash saving plug-in which I easily found quite some time ago. Why would I want to get a browser that I have to try and setup like an already useful browser?? Because it's "customizable"?? pffft! What a stupid concept.

Still sounds like you couldn't get to grips with FF. That's okay I guess.

Next time you try it (if you do) the help section has a "For Internet Explorer Users" guide so maybe you'll be able to find the options you could not find before.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #40

Spoken like a true luddite.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 05-20-2005 at 10:02 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast