Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: IE7 Will Have Tabbed Browsing

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yeah Chewie, you are the wrong one here. No one did anything whatsoever to warrant this attitude. Nothing at all.
    Please tell me you're kidding.

yo

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #82
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by true_neo
    1. Considering IE6 is the latest version out to the general public, you just owned yourself with that one
    2. Oh, Im so sorry. Us anal people like fast computers, and try not to purposefully use apps that take too much system resources for our daily doings. Also, I sincerely doubt I was referring to you alone. Even though you may have a swap file as big as mine (or bigger), maybe not all comp newbies do.
    3. Im sorry, your AOL jokes are lost on me. They don't have AOL in Norway.
    4. And how many computer newbies have this enabled? It's not on by default, until the taskbar has more than 11 or so windows of the same type (on a 1024x768 screen, that is. Courtesy of school computers for this info). Again, I wasn't referring to you alone.
    5. Again, I wasn't referring to you alone.
    6. And last, but not least; I do judge an app based on its performance/security, thats why Im dissing IE.
    This is more like it... reasoned discussion!
    How can I own myself by suggesting that someone is wrong to suggest IE6 crashes all the time? Exactly how am I proving someone else's point?
    When I say 'in the fashion of an AOLer TXTing' I am referring to the way that a lot of UK 10-15 year olds type as they would construct a mobile phone text message - with efficiency in mind. On another forum I frequent they refer to this as AOL text.
    What I mean is that I have a gig of memory & a trayful of icons from Gainward's gfx chip tool to bluetooth and I don't sit here thinking, "shit, I need to free up 60 megs!"
    Taskbar grouping has been on as default on all the systems I've installed - it must be because to turn it off I'd need to hunt for the option!
    You were referring to me as a member of a group of know-nothings because I prefer IE. What I would like you to understand is that you cannot 'tar everyone with the same brush'. Because a lot of computer users that are less knowledgeable than yourself use IE, you cannot assume that all IE users are just because they use it.
    Making your list and stating 'They like...' for every point is most certainly referring to all IE users at once. Using 'Many of them...' or 'A lot of them...' would be more appropriate, especially when you're being demeaning and the only basis for your assumptions are your personal views on IE.
    I'm glad that you judge software on certain criteria as this shows independance of thought which is sadly lacking nowadays.
    Just for the record, I have only seen one unauthorised toolbar (I did put ebay's on but took it off after a day) on my system and can't remember the last time my AV or antispy programs found anything more than a cookie and I've been using IE since v4. I know there are security issues and I know it's not the most efficient with resources but I like using it because it does the job the way I want it to do it, rather than me having to adapt to the way the browser works.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #83
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Regurgitating hardware/software advice seems to make folk think they are intellectually superior to those who post mainly in the lounge. While the advice is very much appreciated the attitude is not. Some people merely prefer to talk about other things.

The use of alterior rather than ulterior a few posts up kinda gives away that Chewie is probably a bit thick, this in turn makes the condescending tone a bit ... silly. Someone needs advice on choosing a monitor in HardwareWorld. Chewie, you're normally a nice chap who doesn't resort to cheap labelling - I suggest you stick to what you know.
    Heh, this ain't the Lounge, manker.
    If you believe what you read in this thread, I can't be intellectually suuperior and use IE. Well, I suppose not at the same time, anyway.

Thanks for the appraisal... '...a bit thick' LOL. I never was any good at spelling - or perhaps I should just claim I'm Danish or something...

I don't usually use a condescending tone but if I'm being 'dissed' for (of all stupid things) my choice of browser, I don't give a shit how I come across.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #84
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    This is more like it... reasoned discussion!
    How can I own myself by suggesting that someone is wrong to suggest IE6 crashes all the time? Exactly how am I proving someone else's point?
    When I say 'in the fashion of an AOLer TXTing' I am referring to the way that a lot of UK 10-15 year olds type as they would construct a mobile phone text message - with efficiency in mind. On another forum I frequent they refer to this as AOL text.
    What I mean is that I have a gig of memory & a trayful of icons from Gainward's gfx chip tool to bluetooth and I don't sit here thinking, "shit, I need to free up 60 megs!"
    Taskbar grouping has been on as default on all the systems I've installed - it must be because to turn it off I'd need to hunt for the option!
    You were referring to me as a member of a group of know-nothings because I prefer IE. What I would like you to understand is that you cannot 'tar everyone with the same brush'. Because a lot of computer users that are less knowledgeable than yourself use IE, you cannot assume that all IE users are just because they use it.
    Making your list and stating 'They like...' for every point is most certainly referring to all IE users at once. Using 'Many of them...' or 'A lot of them...' would be more appropriate, especially when you're being demeaning and the only basis for your assumptions are your personal views on IE.
    I'm glad that you judge software on certain criteria as this shows independance of thought which is sadly lacking nowadays.
    Just for the record, I have only seen one unauthorised toolbar (I did put ebay's on but took it off after a day) on my system and can't remember the last time my AV or antispy programs found anything more than a cookie and I've been using IE since v4. I know there are security issues and I know it's not the most efficient with resources but I like using it because it does the job the way I want it to do it, rather than me having to adapt to the way the browser works.

Amen brotha.
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-22-2005 at 07:31 AM.

yo

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Yeah Chewie, you are the wrong one here. No one did anything whatsoever to warrant this attitude. Nothing at all.
    Eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    btw......you like Greek women?
    Dunno, never knowingly met any, although my wife is half Italian... does that count?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #86
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    i like the tabs. saves space along the taskbar when im browsing alot of pages

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789