View Poll Results: Is it wrong to sell pirated stuff?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes its wrong (see below).

43 66.15%
  • No it isn't (see below).

12 18.46%
  • Don't care.

10 15.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is it wrong to sell pirated stuff?

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™
    If a friend asks me for something I will do it for free - supposing they don't keep asking me I shall supply the DVD/CD for free.
    It is not right to make any profit on what you are doing.
    They should keep there money, and spend it on something beneficial to the Industry you are giving free stuff from...

Edit: I also believe that if you have to charge people for your services that is also bad - as technically you are still making them pay for piracy...
    Think about it - would they pay for your services if you weren't giving them warez and moviez?
    No they most-likely wouldn't...

So you would still be profiteering.
    Besides it is difficult to give an accurate value to time and services...
    but imagine this; a 56ker walks up to a person with broadband and asks them if they could download a 4.4GB dvd file for them and burn it for them on the disk. And the person charges them because they using up their own time, dvd burner they bought, and computer bandwidth speed. Makes sense a person would charge them for the service. I dont support making a profit from pirated stuff nor do i sell pirated stuff..

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    I will refuse money, i will only accept a CD or DVDr in return for what i give out.

Charging money for what others spend hours and day on is wrong. Groups, risk there lives to release stuff onto the net not for others to grab it, put it on DVD and charge £5 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™
    If a friend asks me for something I will do it for free - supposing they don't keep asking me I shall supply the DVD/CD for free.
    It is not right to make any profit on what you are doing.
    They should keep there money, and spend it on something beneficial to the Industry you are giving free stuff from...

Edit: I also believe that if you have to charge people for your services that is also bad - as technically you are still making them pay for piracy...
    Think about it - would they pay for your services if you weren't giving them warez and moviez?
    No they most-likely wouldn't...

So you would still be profiteering.
    Besides it is difficult to give an accurate value to time and services...
    but imagine this; a 56ker walks up to a person with broadband and asks them if they could download a 4.4GB dvd file for them and burn it for them on the disk. And the person charges them because they using up their own time, dvd burner they bought, and computer bandwidth speed. Makes sense a person would charge them for the service. I dont support making a profit from pirated stuff nor do i sell pirated stuff..

Does a Group charge you for the video camera they use, or the computer they use to crack a game, or the fine and prision time they get for doing it for free?
    Last edited by Peerzy; 07-12-2005 at 04:48 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    yes i think its wrong to sell it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234