Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xbox downloaded lego star wars?

Poster
    hi there all!

ive downloaded lego star wars.working.usa.xbox and its a bucnh of rar files

so i got a program that turns game files into an iso and burnt with nero - but fuck all happens?

my xbox drive doesnt seem to read the dvd? it says unknown (im using a dvd-rw whcih i kniow works on downloaded films?)

any ideas on how to get it working? can someone recommend a great tool for turning downloaded files to xbxo iso's and then is nero ok to burn them? or is that the non reading problem?

any help would be sound - im a bit stuck and dont really know what the problem is?

cheers all
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Games   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    bit of a silly question, but you box is modded isnt it?

edit: or it may be to do that it is probably a ntsc game, and you box is pal.
    Last edited by Livy; 05-20-2005 at 02:11 PM.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    hehe! yes my xbox is modded - cheers for the giggle tho!!!

i dont think its an ntsc problem either as forza is ntsc and that runs fine (also my tv and xbox both are able to play/display ntsc games)

cheers for the quick reply and help tho livy
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Games   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    have you used that dvd-rw before for games? may just be that dvd-rw aint very good for reading games.

5. Games   -   #5
    n18's Avatar Death God
    I thought dvd-rw are recommended, but oh well,

Try different media like dvd-r, dvd+r see if anything works.

6. Games   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    can you not copy it to your xbox hardrive? or havent you upgraded it,
    also how is it modded, chip or softmod? im thinking of chipping mine, wondering why you got yours done, and how good it is. you can post in my other topic to keep this one on track if you wish,

7. Games   -   #7
    lol, im guessing if you put the dvd-rw into your drive it will show you an ISO.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Games   -   #8
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by newcombe6
    hi there all!

ive downloaded lego star wars.working.usa.xbox and its a bucnh of rar files

so i got a program that turns game files into an iso and burnt with nero - but fuck all happens?

my xbox drive doesnt seem to read the dvd? it says unknown (im using a dvd-rw whcih i kniow works on downloaded films?)

any ideas on how to get it working? can someone recommend a great tool for turning downloaded files to xbxo iso's and then is nero ok to burn them? or is that the non reading problem?

any help would be sound - im a bit stuck and dont really know what the problem is?

cheers all
    Did you extract what was in the RAR files? Double click one of them, and extract the ISO file from it......?

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    bloody hell guys - cheers for all the replies!!

right its not the media - i constantly transfer xvid movies to the xbox using the same dvd-rw's and never had a problem (ive also tried dvd-r and dvd+r too)

i have a softmodded xbox using avaluanch, and evox launchers and am well happy with it. i mainly got it done to watch all sorts of shit on it (ie downloaded movies) and was spending too much on games i spose.im very pleased with it - never had a problem (untill now!) and would recommend anyone who is thinking of doing it to do it - its great. theres also loads of help with it from singaboiy and peezy on these forums - theyve both helped me loads in the past (as well as countless others aswell!!)

when i put the dvd-rw in the xbox i can copy the files to the xbox hdd and know theyre there and not corrupt - but i cannot get the xbox to run the game (either from disc or hdd)

although when i used Xisomanager (xbxo iso maker app) i didnt bother to unrar all the files 1st? dyou think this is the problem then? the program seemed to run and create the iso without needing to unrar first?

if this is indeed the problem ill give it a go tonight

seriously cheers for all the help everyone

10. Games   -   #10
    n18's Avatar Death God
    When you download you do download the xiso, so there is no need to make your own iso. Just make sure you extract the little 50mb rars, then it will be a big file and thats the iso you can burn onto a dvd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast