Thread: STALKER hype?

mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Could someone explain to me what it is exactly that makes STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl so amazing? I've seen a few gameplay videos and i can't really notice anything that makes it at all unique, or particularly anymore fun to play at all.

I asked at another forum and all they said was 'the gameplay is just amazing and so fun' which didn't tell me jack

2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Last I checked the STALKER screens, the graphics were pretty good and I'm sure it has a good story line.

3. Games   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    it's the whole RPG element implemented into it. its not really a campaign, you go into the radioation zone and gather artifacts which you can trade with other mercinaries or sell to merchants, but its not preset, meaning other mercs can beat you to the artifacts (and their are a lot of em, so it's up to u which ones u wanna go for). basically, the mercs have a mind of their own in this game, and if u try and steal it from them (artifacts) heavy battles happen, as far as i know, this is gonna turn out great cuz of this new system.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #4
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    it's the whole RPG element implemented into it. its not really a campaign, you go into the radioation zone and gather artifacts which you can trade with other mercinaries or sell to merchants, but its not preset, meaning other mercs can beat you to the artifacts (and their are a lot of em, so it's up to u which ones u wanna go for). basically, the mercs have a mind of their own in this game, and if u try and steal it from them (artifacts) heavy battles happen, as far as i know, this is gonna turn out great cuz of this new system.
    Sounds Really cool, Might be fun online too no?