Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A few questions

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Sorry man, Im stupid bare with me
    You want him to get nekkid with you?

Btw, there are SATA DVD burners, but I've only seen plextor making them so far, and they cost a bit more than the IDE equivalent, so I guess they are out for you.

If you can find really cheap (but quality) dvd burner which isn't black, then you can still make it so with one of those coolermaster front bezels.

It doesn't void your warranty or anything. But they cost a bit, so you'd have to find a really cheap drive, like I said.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY

If you can find really cheap (but quality) dvd burner which isn't black, then you can still make it so with one of those coolermaster front bezels.
    Have you any personal experience with these?
    Last edited by clocker; 05-23-2005 at 10:02 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY

Have you any personal experience with these?

It uses double sided tape ? Good because I know I would break the old one off !

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    You need to be very careful which case you get.

The new standard has a 24pin motherboard power connector, and that's for most (all?) pci-express motherboards, including the one you've picked.

Many cases still have a 20pin + 4pin power connector for the mobo, and as far as I can tell that includes the case you picked.

Look at the price of the case. You probably need to be spending at least that amount on a PSU alone, you can't expect the case to be thrown in for free. It might be better to find a similar case without a PSU (or a cheap one and throw it away) and choose your PSU separately.

420-450w would be around the right level as long as it is a good model.

I love that case tho!!!! Now what do I do?!?!?!?! I dont wanna keep having to buy other things, all that stuff I picked out is over one grand..... There no like adapters or somethin I could buy for that?
    Last edited by S!X; 05-23-2005 at 10:53 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    lynx's Avatar .
    There are adapters for 24pin to 20pin, but not the other way round AFAIK.

Aspire may have updated their cases to use the new PSU's, but looking on their web site doesn't seem to suggest they have, otherwise I would have expected them to be supplied with the 24pin to 20pin adapter but they aren't.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Feck, So what do you suggest?!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Feck, So what do you suggest?!
    I thought I already did.

I had a quick check, I didn't find any black windowed cases in that sort of price range that obviously had 24pin connectors, but I didn't check them all. Seems like newegg are a little lacking in letting you know which have 20pin connectors and which have 24pin.

Had a look at my local supplier's site, all bar 2 of their "value" cases have 20pin connectors. The 24pin cases (with any sort of style) are more than double the price you were looking at, although UK prices are a bit higher anyway.

Btw, is this still "a few questions" or do you want me to change the title?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    I guess you could change the title to "Questions". Im not really gettin what you trying to say as far as what I should do... (Im stupid ) Can you refraise it so I can easily understand ? lol What I think your saying is I need a new case or get that case and toss the PSU and get another one.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    lynx's Avatar .
    You're just about spot on. See you're not as stupid as we you thought.

The choices are:
    Get a case with no PSU and buy a new PSU.
    Get a cheap case with PSU, toss the PSU and buy a new PSU.
    Get that case, toss the PSU and buy a new PSU.
    Get a more expensive case with a 24pin PSU.

Just to let you know, my 460W PSU cost me about £55 (100 USD, 125 CAD). But it is almost silent though.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Feck, Ok now I see what your saying, Theres a comp usa near my uncles house maybe we can get one there or bu somethin off newegg... Id like to get somehin with blue illumination to go with the case.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast