Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ABS Ultimate V2 36... worth buying?

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Kicking his ass won't give me my $1,000+ back.

It's just too much work, I know for a fact that more than one problem will come up. After all, computers die for no reason. And asking for help at a forum is too much trouble.

Gah this sucks.
    From what your saying is making me think otherwise on getting my comp I really dont know if its a good idea anymore.... Even thos i really want it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Sorry I wasn't trying to scare you.

But if you do think about it, there are a million things that can go wrong. The slightest of mistakes can ruin everything. Then you have to go back, find what you did wrong, or whats defective, then send that part back, or fix it. Then there is the computer builders worst nightmare, the blue screen of death.

I just don't know man. I guess I have to find a really good one at a store...
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 05-25-2005 at 07:32 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Sorry I wasn't trying to scare you.

But if you do think about it, there are a million things that can go wrong. The slightest of mistakes can ruin everything. Then you have to go back, find what you did wrong, or whats defective, then send that part back, or fix it. Then there is the computer builders worst nightmare, the blue screen of death.

I just don't know man. I guess I have to find a really good one at a store...
    I dunno what to tell you I hope any problems I may encounter are very minor and easy to fix

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Yeah, good luck with the building.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Then you have to go back, find what you did wrong, or whats defective, then send that part back, or fix it. Then there is the computer builders worst nightmare, the blue screen of death.
    You think that's the worst nightmare?
    Oh, you innocent lamb.
    The BSOD can be your best friend...at least you get a stop error and some idea of what is going on.

It really ain't that difficult.
    If you POST the board outside the box, then reassemble in place with one new component at a time, the actual assembly is a piece 'o cake.
    Our guys can do the whole thing in under an hour, which includes tidying up the wiring.

Most beginners try to do the whole process at once, but if there is a problem they have no idea where to look.
    If you try to POST after each item is connected you know exactly where you stand.

Figure it will take you a day the first time.

It's usually not the hardware that causes trouble ( we will assume that you've gotten good quality stuff and it is compatable), Windows is where most folks trip up.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    [QUOTE=Linkin Park]See this building shit confuses me...

I look at the mobo you picked:

Then I look at the case you picked:

How the hell will that thing fit in there? The mobo has 2 fans at the top of it. I know the purple and green mouse and keyboard plugs will fit into the case where shown. But what about the fans above them? Where will they go? The case is closed above the mouse and keyboard plugs.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Well there just fans lol, That mobo is an ATX mobo and the case is also ATX, so it will work. That mobo also has 2 small fans that go over the ram which I never knew about

EDIT: Oh yea about where those fans are gonna go... you see that face plate that has where the keyboard/mouse/usb plugins are? Theres a custom faceplate that comes with that mobo to properly fit it. If it was to use the one with the case it wouldnt work at all.
    Last edited by S!X; 05-26-2005 at 06:27 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Oh, so those things are called faceplates, they can be removed, and that mobo comes with a custom faceplate. Correct?

I was thinking "How the hell will that fit?" See its things like this that confused me. :S

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Oh, so those things are called faceplates, they can be removed, and that mobo comes with a custom faceplate. Correct?

I was thinking "How the hell will that fit?" See its things like this that confused me. :S
    Im not sure what there called but that may be it, Thats the only word I could think of to describ them and yea Im pretty sure all mobos come with ones for that specific mobo, They are removable.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Ok, lets say I'm buying parts to build a PC. I picked the mobo you picked. How will I get a DVD burner? The mobo doesn't have any IDE, and all the burners I see are IDE.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast