Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HD for mp3s and movies

muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    200gb maxtor for 89.99 this weekend at compUSA
    http://www.compusa.com/specials/mmad...27_MMEmail.pdf

200GB SATA HD w/NCQ FAST Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 $110 NO REBATE
    http://www.edazz.com/max3072diame.html

just ckeck around http://www.fatwallet.com/ for good deals before you buy....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion7718
    Try not to get a Drive faster than your 'C Drive'..it could cause you problems in the long run.
    Sorry, but that's absolute bull..
    I was always told that a Faster 2nd-3rd Drive can cause Bootup & System Problems...but I could be wrong.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    I was always told that a Faster 2nd-3rd Drive can cause Bootup & System Problems...but I could be wrong.
    There was a time (many years ago) when that could have been true, if startup wait times were incorrectly set. But these days controllers expect drives to be able to be powered down (and therefore not available), so they automatically handle the situation of the slave drive being ready first.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Try not to get a Drive faster than your 'C Drive'..it could cause you problems in the long run.
    Sorry, but that's absolute bull.

Go for the 7200.8, it is newer, faster, cheaper. As spirex says, it also has NCQ. That may not be useful to you now, but it may be in the future if you upgrade your mobo.
    If he's got the urge to splurge he could get a controller card with support for NCQ when he gets the drive, they aren't that expensive.

Btw, I put a couple of those seagate 250gig 7200.8 drives in my brothers' computers, as far as I can tell they are the best drives you can get these days when it comes to something with good storage capacity, pricing and speed at the same time.
    Last edited by Snee; 05-25-2005 at 12:48 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    as far as I can tell they are the best drives you can get these days when it comes to something with good storage capacity, pricing and speed at the same time.
    Also very reliable and quiet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12