Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paranoia (Comfort Zone)

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Arrow

So I'm really paraniod about all these anit-filesharing people...I'm trying to be postitive about it...

But does anyone... ...have any good news & comforting things to say about uhhh...not getting caught.

Tell you right now, I've been gung-ho on this (filesharing), but seems to me after recent events kinda got me really paraniod.

I use: Bittorrent , Kazaa & Peerguardian2 with Mcafee Virus scan & firewall as well as being behind a router.

Anyways post postive things now, cause I might leave P2P (And I share back! [Most of the time, unless its something I hate or only got parts of])
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 07-19-2005 at 07:20 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    The chances of you getting caught,sued and fined by any anti-piracy organisations are pretty slim.
    Unless you're a big uploader of stuff they'll probably let you be or maybe,just maybe,send a letter to your ISP resuesting them to send you a notice of the infrigments you did and that they request you to stop.

I think we're past the time where the RIAA sues teenage kids and dead persons for there actions in sharing or downloading copyrighted material.

Unless you're someone that releases and upoads lots of stuff,you're quite save if you ask me.

hmm...asspie

3. File Sharing   -   #3

Question Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    TI think we're past the time where the RIAA sues teenage kids and dead persons for there actions in sharing or downloading copyrighted material.
    Heh, finally...

Thanks, I need some encouragm...wait...that's kinda a bad word to use for this.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I agree. I think the overzealous MPAA/RIAA goons were embarassed a few too many times. Suing kids for downloading Barney isn't exactly good PR.

Just remember: everything in moderation. Keep a low profile and you won't draw attention to yourself.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Is it just me or are we seeing alot of bad news now.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    I think we're past the time where the RIAA sues teenage kids and dead persons for there actions in sharing or downloading copyrighted material.
    Na, they are still suing.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    if you're really paranoid dont use bt, i think its the easiest way to get caught

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    If you are cought you won't know it till the RIAA has enough evidence to nail you.

This is why people always lose in court.

Don't download on campus, that is really the easiest way to get cought I work for a school, just don't do it.
    Customer: "I want to download the Internet. Do I need a bigger hard disk?"

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Master$hake
    If you are cought you won't know it till the RIAA has enough evidence to nail you.
    That doesn't mean they will, tho'.

Literally hundreds of thousands of people have received letters from their ISP on behalf of agencies like the RIAA.

A tiny, tiny percentage of these have been prosecuted.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    wolfen068
    Keeping a low profile is the best way to go, short of not sharing at all. I find it best to keep a couple of low-key items in my sharing items folder, and move everything else to a secure location. Additionally, I also try not to download too much at one time. Bandwidth usage is an alarm to the isp that you are probably using a P2P.

I've been sharing with K-lite for over two years without any issues, but like I said, I keep a low profile and try not to draw any attention to myself. They may still nail me eventually, but that'll be like trying to get blood out of a turnip...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast