Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paying for Usenet

Quote Originally Posted by Culley
    So, to use the referral program, all I do is click the NewsHosting banner in this section of the forum, correct?
    Yes and your all set and the forum says thanks of course and yes you will max out...

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    does anyone know any free news servers? I've searched e thread~! but found nothing! so thought maybe some of u guys might know?
    pls help!

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tree_for
    does anyone know any free news servers? I've searched e thread~! but found nothing! so thought maybe some of u guys might know?
    pls help!
    there are some but they arent good. (less then 1 day retention)

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    thats right I tried yottanews!
    d/l speeds suck! lik29KBps!
    is it e same with u guys?

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Well, I have to say that I've been using NewsHosting and NewsLeecher for two weeks now... it was a bit daunting at first, but I'm much happier now than I am with using torrents and Azureus.

Main reason is the downloads are faster and NewsLeecher uses less memory than Azureus. In other words, my computer isn't bogged down as much as it was.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Culley

Main reason is the downloads are faster and NewsLeecher uses less memory than Azureus. In other words, my computer isn't bogged down as much as it was.
    and you dont need to upload

always full speed.

new releases are mostly on usenet before they appear on torrenttrackers.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-01-2005 at 07:50 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    I'm a newbie usent user...and I have giganews....I couldn't be more satisfied. I know it sounds corny but all I used before were torrents....kinda blows them out of the water for the most part. But torrents still have their place... I share teh wealth.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    I agree, I still search torrent sites, but... over the past two weeks, I've weeded out my torrent usage... and I'm down to one torrent in my queue.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    paying for usenet is only the way to go, it costs so much money to run a news farm that its just not possible to serve up any of the really good groups for free.

Between routers, loadbalancers, servers, back end and front end storage and not to mention the power bill every month along with a true broadband connection. Big Bucks

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    www.usenetserver.com works great for me 15 a month unlimited and I max out my 4mbit connection great completion rate to. Great tech support to I've never waited to ask a random question.
    "ding"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast