Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suicide Bombing Video (no gross stuff):

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    I don't get it. Why do they have to be suicide bombers? Can't they just be... bombers?

He could have blown up that car next to a building without killing himself with it.
    Two reasons that I can think of.

1. You have to be off your rocker to be persuaded to do it.

2. People, by nature, do not expect people to do this type of thing. This makes it easier for the bomber to get near to their target.

I know it has been said before. maybe people keep need reminding. There is no answer to this kind of warfare, other than withdrawing your troops and returning home. Take Britain as an example. They have been forced to leave: Kenya, Malaya, Cyprus, India, Egypt, to name but a few. No one can be on the alert all the time. I suppose someone will quote Northern Ireland as an exception to the above. Sadly I dont think it is and that violence will return there.
    Last edited by bigboab; 05-27-2005 at 06:12 AM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    But admit, no matter how many people say "Oh, suicide bombers are pussies, they deserve to die, they can't fight like men" (i agree on the "they deserve to die" part) it still takes a shitload of guts to go blow yourself up, no matter how brainwashed you are.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Todays entry in the non-sequitur contest is ....

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    .... I'm muslim so I can say this with confidence (although I'll admit I'm not the least bit religious) ....
    I often think the interweb has finished surprising me, then I read it again.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    .... I'm muslim so I can say this with confidence (although I'll admit I'm not the least bit religious) ....
    You beat me to it JPaul.

yo

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

You beat me to it JPaul.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    "member of al-quida(sp?)"?
    no-one ever refers to themselves as al-quida. the terrorist network al-quida doesn't actually exist.

if the target was coalition soldiers i have no problem with this at all. they always have the option to pull out, unlike the poor bastards that got the wrong end of "shock-and-awe"

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    no-one ever refers to themselves as al-quida. the terrorist network al-quida doesn't actually exist.
    That’s the most absurd thing that I’ve read in a long time.

For something that doesn’t exists they sure take claim for a lot of things that are happening, including 9/11 or maybe that didn’t really happen either. Also what about the majority of the AQ infrastructure that’s been captured or killed?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    That’s the most absurd thing that I’ve read in a long time.

For something that doesn’t exists they sure take claim for a lot of things that are happening, including 9/11 or maybe that didn’t really happen either. Also what about the majority of the AQ infrastructure that’s been captured or killed?
    they* have never actually taken responsibility for anything. bin laden first said the words "al-qeada" several weeks after being accused of september 11th, apparently he learnt it from the americans.

they*... there's no doubt terrorists do exist, but there is no one massive central network under one name. there's too many groups that hate each other as much as they hate america to work in harmony.

to call all terrorists al-qeada for hating america is like calling all football fans leeds supporters because they hate man u. when in fact they everyone hates leeds fans too

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    You couldn’t be more wrong again. First and foremost put down you copy of Fahrenheit 9/11 and get a clue. AQ took responsibility for the bombing of the USS Cole in 2000.

Bin Laden started a training facility in the late 80’s and called it AQ. It was the main headquarters for all the terrorist to train and learn tactics that they are using now.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    i didn't get this from "fahrenheit 9/11"...

i got it from "the power of nightmares"

tell me has anyone actually been proven to be working for al qeada?

find me some sources that can actually give me a history of a terrorist group that calls itself al qeada.

until then i'll presume it's a generalisation not a group
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 05-27-2005 at 04:59 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast