Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows XP PRO Corp Edition Question

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    When I installed XP pro corp on my comp everything was fucked, It didnt have the xp style theme, it had the oldschool style. When I right clicked on the taskbar and picked toolbars->Quick launch it said could not perform operation or somethin along those lines. When I tried it open Gpedit.msc that was fucked up also, It opended but popped up like 5 errors. Is pro only meant for certain kinds of comps or somethin?! Now im stuck download this 2 DVD set with every windows version to date. Im just gonna use XP Home edition corp I guess. So what I did was just reinstall XP home from the cd that came with my comp. No activation needed I guess my only option for my new comp is to use xp home edition corp on it?
    Last edited by S!X; 05-28-2005 at 08:30 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Some of those "Every windows version to date" disks are a POS.

If you wanted XP Pro Corp why didn't you find and dl that? It fits on a single cd, not 2 dvd's of corrupted crap. And it works on any pc that Home edition works on too.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Some of those "Every windows version to date" disks are a POS.

If you wanted XP Pro Corp why didn't you find and dl that? It fits on a single cd, not 2 dvd's of corrupted crap. And it works on any pc that Home edition works on too.
    I did dl corp, burned it to a CD and it fucked up. Dunno about that dvd tho, I aint waitng 65 hours and somethin mins for one fuckin iso to finish that I cant even burn.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Sorry, I musunderstood, I thought you meant you installed XP Pro Corp from one of those "All Versions" disks.

You should get exactly the same desktop theme after installation with XP Pro as you get with XP Home. Sounds like you got someone's personalised (pronounced "fucked up") version.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    There is no 'Home Edition Corp' version of Windows XP.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    user error

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Chewie, I just checked one of my disc and there is a Home Corp. Ed.
    It has the Corp. files slipstreamed into the home edition, although I haven't tried it as I have no need for it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    @ linkin park, i am currently sharing my xp pro corp copy on emule, if you use emule i can create a hash and you can upload from me. just pm me if you interested and i will create the ed2k link and also give you a key which i use and that allows sp2 to be installed

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Have you successfully installed XP on that PC before?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    virtualbody1234, if the questions at me then yes i have installed xp successfully, i always use this version i have. if the q is not intended at me void my comment

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast