Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone play WOW on a privite server?

Does anyone play this game on a privite server or even if you play it on normal server some good and bad points would be nice about the game as Im downloading it right now.

But yeah, if any of you know a good privite server for this game that would be nice

2. Games   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    i found when it first came out that they were really lame, i dont know about know. Your probly better off paying for it, or just get guild wars.

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz
    i found when it first came out that they were really lame, i dont know about know. Your probly better off paying for it, or just get guild wars.
    Guild wars eh...Ill look into it.

But still post if you know a privite server for this game.

thnx.

4. Games   -   #4
    Fisk
    Well WoW on a private server? What I've heard of they seems to be buggy and they lack of contents... Also, most of the instances doesn't work and the servers tend to have big lag-spikes.

If you wanna find more about private WoW-servers, you could visit www.blizzhackers.com and go to their forums

5. Games   -   #5
    Fisk
    Oh yes, and I forgot to mention:

If you really want to get the best experience out of WoW, then go to your local store and buy it... And pay the monthly fee, and you're gauranteed to have at least 3 months of entertainment

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rzf
    Well WoW on a private server? What I've heard of they seems to be buggy and they lack of contents... Also, most of the instances doesn't work and the servers tend to have big lag-spikes.

If you wanna find more about private WoW-servers, you could visit www.blizzhackers.com and go to their forums
    Im not the one for paying for monthly fees

But buying games for consoles or for the PC I have no probs but its just those monthly fees dont seem worth it...after all it is just a game.

but that may just be me being daft.

7. Games   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ahh yes I go on private sever they have a crash every now and then sure but dam Im getting it for free

don';t know if I am allowed to post it here?? they have the 4 disk to download off mirror for the game!@!

8. Games   -   #8
    JordoR's Avatar Madden Champ!
    I was playing WoW on private servers because of obvious reasons (me being too cheap to buy the game). Despite what everyone says about server crashes and lack of population there are quite a few good ones.

Some sites where u can find a private server:

http://www.active-faction.com/funtime/

[P.S.] I had more sites but they all got shut down or something.
    Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    ahh yes I go on private sever they have a crash every now and then sure but dam Im getting it for free

don';t know if I am allowed to post it here?? they have the 4 disk to download off mirror for the game!@!
    hehe, not anymore, blizzard actually shut it down.

10. Games   -   #10
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by rzf
    Statement from Blizzard Entertainment to the BlizzHackers Community

As many of you are aware, Blizzard Entertainment? strongly opposes the development of unauthorized emulation servers designed to facilitate the use of pirated versions of Blizzard's copyrighted World of Warcraft® game client. In accordance with this position, we have taken action to halt the development of such servers, and will continue to do so as needed.

While we appreciate the devotion and enthusiasm that many of the visitors to BlizzHackers and similar websites have for World of Warcraft®, we have consistently maintained that the development of World of Warcraft® emulation servers is unlawful, both under U.S. and international law, because such server development breaches our EULA and Terms of Use, circumvents our copyright protections, and facilitates the infringement of our copyrighted game.

Some individuals have expressed their belief that the development of emulation servers designed to interact with World of Warcraft® does not hurt Blizzard. This is simply not true. We have invested massive amounts of time, creativity, energy, and money in building a world-class gaming environment. The development and hosting of World of Warcraft® emulation servers undermines the value of our investment, endangers our ability to maintain our current games, and hampers our ability to continue developing future games. Beyond being unlawful, such conduct harms not only Blizzard, but also those who enjoy Blizzard games.

Others have suggested that Blizzard is attempting to stop any server development, including open-source development projects. To be clear, we are merely striving to enforce our intellectual property rights and stop the development of World of Warcraft® emulation servers. Blizzard has no objection to open-source development of MMORPGs generally and recognizes that there are many such projects ongoing. We are not attempting to stop coders from working together to develop their own games. We must, however, object to the development of servers that allow the use of pirated game clients and prevent Blizzard from realizing the fruits of years of intense development. If members of this community are truly interested simply in writing code to see how the process works, then we strongly feel that they are free to do so by developing their own original game, but not by creating servers that rely on infringing our copyrighted material.

In connection with our ongoing efforts to protect World of Warcraft®, we have contacted a number of individuals with significant involvement in World of Warcraft® emulation-server development, and most of them have agreed to cease further activity. Blizzard asks that those of you who are continuing to host or work on development of unauthorized World of Warcraft® emulation servers take this opportunity to voluntarily stop these efforts and delete all related code. We fully intend to protect our rights and will continue contacting those who do not voluntarily cease their activities.

If you are voluntarily ceasing further involvement with World of Warcraft® emulation-server development or related infringements, please advise Blizzard by sending an email to [email protected]. Thank you in advance for your understanding and for your compliance with our request to cease contribution to any World of Warcraft® server-emulation project.

The site will will continue under the name Edge of Nowhere without the disputed content.

Robert Laverick
    Or not...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast