Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excuse the n00b question

Alright, say I have an xvid movie I want to turn into a vcd, is there an all in one program I can use that's relatively simple? I've read a bunch of faq's and most of them tell me to download like 3 seperate programs and it's relatively complicated to follow. I'm not computer illiterate in any way, but it's still hard to follow. If not, can someone direct me to a guide that's put into idiot terms. Thanks.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    The easiest is vsoDivXToDVD which is basically one step app...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    he wants vcd
    nero can do it but its subpar IMO, but I would use tmpgenc (www.tmpgenc.net) then use nero to burn it

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    he wants vcd
    nero can do it but its subpar IMO, but I would use tmpgenc (www.tmpgenc.net) then use nero to burn it
    Nero doesnt convert well or something?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Alright so I burned the first half of the movie and i pop it in and it works....but no sound. I open the movie on my computer to discover...no codec. Divx says unknown codec and wmp says error retreveing codec, which I assume is the same thing. How do I know which one I need? And where to get it?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Download the divx codec from here http://www.divx.com/ nero although I know is not renowned for being the best encoder in the world for whatever techie reasons I dont understand is still simple to use effective, Judging by your question I wouldn't bother with TEMPGEnc just at the minute as it takes a fair bit of knowledge of video encoding terminology to use and the wizard part does'nt get the best results, if you know what your doing TEMPGEnc is probably good.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Alright, thanks for all of the help so far, but I have two last questions. The file I have is 640 x 272 and has an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 and I have a 36 inch sony trinitron. I want to know how to make it so the file isn't full screen. When it's full screen it stretches bad. Finally I found the audio codec and it works fine on my computer, but on cd the audio and the video are not in sync. How can I fix this? I burned it with nero by the way, if that makes any difference.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    one of the downfalls of nero....

just learn to do it the right way first with tmpgenc
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...asic_guide.cfm

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Alright, I think I've figured everything out, but the movie i downloaded has an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 and the one I can choose in tmpgenc is 2.21:1. SHould I pick that or just pick 16:9?
    Last edited by I the end I; 05-28-2005 at 09:27 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    choose fullscreen (keep aspic ratio)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast