Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast Games?

SEGA MARINE FISHING >:|
    POWER STONE AND POWER STONE 2 >:|

don't bother trying to run VCDs. there are VCD programs, but VCDs are never going to look good on a dreamcast. truth is, dreamcast's 3D graphics were hella sweet but it was just not designed to be a movie player. best approach to watching movies on a dreamcast is to encode them to SFD (dreamcast's official MPEG/FMV format) then stick it on a self-booting disc along with an SFD player prog. should play very smooth then, but that's a lot of trouble just to watch movies at lower-than-VCD quality.

2. Games   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    rofl... i wish had dreamcast, but that shit was 200$ back then..
    i picked up a used DC in great condition for sumfin' like $15 or $20 at EB Games last year, to replace one that i wore out. they are cheap nowadays. swapped the internal parts into my old DC's shell, which was cleaner than the one from EB. now i've got two of 'um in just-about-pristine condition... one to play now, and one as a backup.

3. Games   -   #13
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I bought mine when they were 100$, now you can go to Amazon.com and buy them for 25$.

4. Games   -   #14
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    shit kneegrow
    I was in line to get one of those 9.9.99
    you know nothing I waited in line to get a 3d0, now that shit was expensive, after all the extras and 2 games I spent 600 dollars

5. Games   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    you know nothing I waited in line to get a 3d0, now that shit was expensive, after all the extras and 2 games I spent 600 dollars
    o man. panasonic's suggested retail price for that thing was $700, at launch time. sounds like you got a bargain.

not that 3DO was bad hardware... it was just overpriced and never managed to carve out its niche (as far as hot, exclusive games go).

in comparison it's almost unbelievable that the dreamcast failed. it had a reasonable price, awesome technology under the lid, very respectable sales numbers, and lots of great exclusive games that you couldn't play on any other system. even its non-exclusive games were miles ahead of the psx and n64 versions. by all rights it should've been the #1 console for its time, but circumstances proved that selling a high-quality product isn't always enough.

6. Games   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    o man. panasonic's suggested retail price for that thing was $700, at launch time. sounds like you got a bargain.

not that 3DO was bad hardware... it was just overpriced and never managed to carve out its niche (as far as hot, exclusive games go).

in comparison it's almost unbelievable that the dreamcast failed. it had a reasonable price, awesome technology under the lid, very respectable sales numbers, and lots of great exclusive games that you couldn't play on any other system. even its non-exclusive games were miles ahead of the psx and n64 versions. by all rights it should've been the #1 console for its time, but circumstances proved that selling a high-quality product isn't always enough.
    true, I got a goldstar, it was cheaper
    not that it was any les of a player, hell I have been thro 3 ps2's

7. Games   -   #17
    i play as many of my ps2 games as possible from a hard drive with hdloader, cause i've heard so many stories about the ps2's dvd drive being a piece of unreliable junk. crossin' my fingers in hope that it never breaks.

8. Games   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    i play as many of my ps2 games as possible from a hard drive with hdloader, cause i've heard so many stories about the ps2's dvd drive being a piece of unreliable junk. crossin' my fingers in hope that it never breaks.
    me too now, its cool playing gt4 with no load times, and the gta series is great, hardly any load time between islands/citys

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    Virtua Tennis

amazing game.. i still play it often. its like the only DC game i still play

10. Games   -   #20
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    defently shenmue(1&2), unfortunatly third installment is coming on XBOX with no release date(talks going on from more then 2 years), ive never seen an rpg game like this, even final fantasy cant stand it, its totally diffrent kind of game.
    also...
    racing: Test drive V-Rally, speed devil(must have), suzuki alstare, crazy taxi
    Adven: Swol berserk, blue stinger
    arcade: capcom vs snk
    shooting: silent scope
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 06-02-2005 at 12:00 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast