Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't want sympathy...

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    It's definitely not better than being a student.

No job is.
    As long as being a student leads to a decent career.

Otherwise you're just a career student. Hopefully Chebus will find his way after his 10th year.

I got lucky and skipped college (and a couple of scholarships) out of high school, started with the phone company and they paid for all my college, while I worked.
    That's not lucky, that's decidedly unlucky.

I imagine college over there being much the same as university is here (tho' slightly easier, academically). What with all the hawt sechs, drinking and general arseing about.

I qualified professionally when working and it is definitely not as much fun as doing a full-time course.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #32

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

Otherwise you're just a career student. Hopefully Chebus will find his way after his 10th year.

I got lucky and skipped college (and a couple of scholarships) out of high school, started with the phone company and they paid for all my college, while I worked.

I imagine college over there being much the same as university is here (tho' slightly easier, academically). What with all the hawt sechs, drinking and general arseing about.

I qualified professionally when working and it is definitely not as much fun as doing a full-time course.
    Unlucky depending on your perspective.

I agree that there is much fun living on campus. However with keeping my eyes on the prize, I started making my money early. I imagine it was a little harder for me 'cause I had to work at the same time.

I've had my share of the "free life" of hot sex, drinking, and teh weed smoke.

(still do minus teh weed smoke but it's much more tempered)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #34
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    It's definitely not better than being a student.

No job is.

I'm in my first year but I intend to stay in academia for a few years yet. Doubtful ten though. I've done the lowly paid work bit that you're doing now and now it is time to stretch myself. I'll have a lot of doors open to me when I have finished.

Your work's scheme sounds very much like NVQ's. They're quite good.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-01-2005 at 03:24 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi

I agree that there is much fun living on campus. However with keeping my eyes on the prize, I started making my money early. I imagine it was a little harder for me 'cause I had to work at the same time.

Yeah, studying is definitely better without a job

I found it really difficult while working - the extra money just meant I wanted to go out more, or at least to more expensive places => less studying.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #36

I found it really difficult while working - the extra money just meant I wanted to go out more, or at least to more expensive places => less studying.
    I saved my money to buy a house early and then move to a bigger house.

I still had money to go out, fuck, drink, but I had my own home and decent car.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #37

I made a point of leaving my job before I started all this uni stuff because I didn't want to distract myself with worrying about work and I knew that extra money in my pocket would lead to even further distractions.

Also I'm so very lazy and I knew I could by on my student loan/grant.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

I'm in my first year but I intend to stay in academia for a few years yet. Doubtful ten though. I've done the lowly paid work bit that you're doing now and now it is time to stretch myself. I'll have a lot of doors open to me when I have finished.

I doubt you've done the work I'm doing. It's not low income...ya know....like the work you are trying to get into but it pays teh bills

I can only aspire to be at the high level that you may make it too.
    Last edited by Busyman; 06-01-2005 at 03:37 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #39
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    that's my plan d:

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

I doubt you've done the work I'm doing. It's not low income...ya know....like the work you are trying to get into but it pays teh bills

I can only aspire to be at the high level that you may make it too.

I've worked for a phone company.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast