Thread: AMule (Linux client), Firefox and ed2k links

I apologize if this question has been asked before (I couldn't find it in my quick purusal of this section).

I run Debian and Amule, which is a linux emule client.

My question has more to do with Firefox on linux, however. I use www.the-realworld.de, which is a great site for finding link, however it uses the ed2k links. In Firefox these links aren't setup to be reocgnized by default, so I went and did a google search on how to set them up. There seems to be alot out there for Firefox with Winodows, but little for with Linux.

If anyone knows a site or has any advice on configuring Firefox to recognize the ed2k links it would be much appreciated.

Blaidd

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I haven't tried this out myself but it looks like it might be what you're after.

http://www.amule.org/wiki/index.php/Ed2k_links_handling

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I have been experimenting with Mepis linux, and have found a good substitute for everything I need except P2P. I have downloaded aMule and have not been able to get it installed right. I know very little about Linux, but I can see it's potential already. Thanks for the info, it gives me something more to work with. If I can get aMule to work, Bill Gates can kiss my a$$.