Thread: Laptop problem

I've got a Acer travelmate laptop, it's worked perfectley for 2 years, but just recentley its been playing up, first it was shutting itself down for no reason, this problem seems to have sorted its self out.

But now when i shut it down myself it goes to the "saving your settings" screen and stays there, the only way i can turn of the computer off is by unplugging the mains and then taking the battery out, which cant be good for it,

anyone any ideas what could be wrong, the laptop is out of warrenty now and i cant afford a expensive repair job
    Round here we say birds not bitches

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Last edited by 99%; 06-03-2005 at 11:22 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaced
    I've got a Acer travelmate laptop, it's worked perfectley for 2 years, but just recentley its been playing up, first it was shutting itself down for no reason, this problem seems to have sorted its self out.

But now when i shut it down myself it goes to the "saving your settings" screen and stays there, the only way i can turn of the computer off is by unplugging the mains and then taking the battery out, which cant be good for it,

anyone any ideas what could be wrong, the laptop is out of warrenty now and i cant afford a expensive repair job
    just a quick hint did you look for the reset button.Usually on the side or underneath.A small hole that you stick a pen in to kill the power..
    Last edited by accat13; 06-03-2005 at 01:10 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    so you haven't reformated in 2 years?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaced
    Apply immediately to the Vatican and have this declared a miracle.
    A problem severe enough to crash out a PC that cured itself....

....I can hear the whoosh of the second shoe falling.

As for the other...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg