Thread: directx help

Question Mark

i recently had to reformat my pc. Before, i had version 9.0b directx installed. After reformat, i have version 8. So i updated my directx to 9.0c (latest version) and i ran dxdiag and got this error...

"DxDiag has detected that there may have been a problem accessing the
    system information the last time this program was used. Would you like
    to bypass the system this time?"

i clicked yes to bypass, clicked on the directx files tab and ther was nothing. i had to reformat again to get rid of 9.0c, so i'm back on version 8.

But i need version 9 tho for me to run software like powerDVD etc.

Does anyone know what was the cause of my above problem??? or does anyone knowwhere i can get directx version 9.0a or 9.0b? I've looked at the main directx microsooft site but its only has the latest version. I also cant find any help pages on my problem.

help appreciated
    thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Quote Originally Posted by jabby85
    i recently had to reformat my pc. Before, i had version 9.0b directx installed. After reformat, i have version 8. So i updated my directx to 9.0c (latest version) and i ran dxdiag and got this error...

"DxDiag has detected that there may have been a problem accessing the
    system information the last time this program was used. Would you like
    to bypass the system this time?"

i clicked yes to bypass, clicked on the directx files tab and ther was nothing. i had to reformat again to get rid of 9.0c, so i'm back on version 8.

But i need version 9 tho for me to run software like powerDVD etc.

Does anyone know what was the cause of my above problem??? or does anyone knowwhere i can get directx version 9.0a or 9.0b? I've looked at the main directx microsooft site but its only has the latest version. I also cant find any help pages on my problem.

help appreciated
    thanks
    Always update something such as DirectX through Windows Update. Choose to manually select (not express install) your updates and scroll through the list of "non-critical" updates. A suitable version should appear for your OS provided that you are still utilizing v8.xx .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    try just updating to service pack 2. BEFORE you try updating directX