Thread: CPU Fan error?

Poster
    Ok, I'm making a lot of posts today...

Awhile ago when I booted up all of a sudden I got a CPU Fan Error and a couple of beeps, Windows booted fine though. I went to my bios/hardware monitor and set CPU Temp to Ignored instead of N/A and the problem went away obviously.

Today I set Ignored back to N/A and I got the same error message. Now, my CPU Fan is running perfectly, I have a seethrough case so I can see this. The CPU temp is 53degrees celcius and I just set my ASUS Q-FAN feature to enabled which will adjust fan speeds depending on temp. Anyway, does anyone know why I'm getting this problem even though my fans are working fine?
    I'm not using any thermal pastes or anything like that, I have a large fan on the side of my case, a fan in the rear and the CPU fan. It's 60c right now with me running 3 instances of IE and WinDVD plus some other programs.

All the fans are running perfectly though, that's the thing and that error just came out of nowhere one day with the PC not being moved or damaged.

My PC is running perfectly though, there's no problems or anything even when heavy gaming. What would some errors from an overheating CPU be?

My Mobo runs at 34 and my GF6800U OC'd at 55 idle and 59-61 load.
    Last edited by tesco; 06-04-2005 at 03:11 PM.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp
    Ok, I'm making a lot of posts today...

Awhile ago when I booted up all of a sudden I got a CPU Fan Error and a couple of beeps, Windows booted fine though. I went to my bios/hardware monitor and set CPU Temp to Ignored instead of N/A and the problem went away obviously.
    Actually, the problem did not go away...the problem's warning did.
    Has your CPU temp been rising lately, or has another system fan been removed or added?

Something is going on and simply muting the alarm might be asking for trouble.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Nope temp has been the same as it always have, actually gone down a few notches from the last months before I got the error because it's winter now so it's obviously cooler.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    I have an ASUS p4c800 e deluxe, and the qfan control sucks, disable it in the bios. everytime I reboot, the asus probe says theres a problem, then a few seconds later, it stops. I believe ASUS needs to develop better software. . Trust me, its a software issue. I have a see thru case also, and I went over this issue with ASUS. The only other problem I can think of would be.....check your windows clock to make sure the year is correct (ie: the cmos didnt just freak out and set your windows clock to 9999), which would either mean the mobo is shorting out against the case or the cmos is bad. yes, i know the last suggestion is a stretch, but it happened to me.
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 06-04-2005 at 03:10 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    My clock is fine
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I'm actually remembering that the CPU Fan error arose when I went to a lot of trouble removing a pesky trojan/spyware problem. Could that have messed around with temperature sensoring software?

My CPU fan is apparentely at 4660RPM

I might not have that AMD Cool N Quiet feature enabled... Could this help and how do I enable it?
    Last edited by Vamp; 06-04-2005 at 05:51 PM.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Which mobo/processor have you got? Cool'N'Quiet is a feature of Athlon 64 mobo/chips, so if you haven't got one of those you can't enable it.

Edit: nvm, I just read your other thread.
    Last edited by lynx; 06-04-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.