Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School/university Network

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I must be sooo lucky then...I am on a US Uni connection...I checked with tech support first and was told...do what you like there are no restrictions...he he he....(but then I am not a student it may be different if you are)

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    well what i did was i used a socks tunneling program and used the schools scocks server

MAN were they pissed they couldnt figure out for the life of them why the network was going so slow for about a week, but when they found out they threatened to expel me but since i didnt sign that pice of paper that says i wont do stuff like that they changed their minds and made me sigh the paper the next day

so dont try to use the schools socks server

instead tunnel to you home computer then tunnel to another one in a different location and use that as you server to dl stuff

dont ask me how as i am still trying to figure that one out
    I am Member No. : 193 <--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    lawks how do u find an unblocked port. i'm using kazaa k++ and tried different port numbers but didn't succeed. so i have to use http tunnels and proxies? i'm not familiar with these stuff...
    i have Socks2HTTP software. is it good?

btw i'm not living in america either...in fact reside in england hope they don't restict students from using kazaa.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by phrygian@9 April 2003 - 16:13
    is there any possibility to run kazaa from a shared computer at a university?
    its on the firewall if it gives acess

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12