Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best NZB Site?

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to join nbzs.org ?
    They are in the process/or about to move servers and announced they would re-open signups afterwards.
    There is/was also a secret sign-up link, but I can't remember where I put that, it's how I got in some time ago.
    Not sure if that would still work though.
    Can you feel the LOVE

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    If you do happen to find it Disme, I would appreciate a pm. I've been waiting patiently for them to open, but if there's a "secret" way to get in sooner then that would be cool.

Has there been any kind of ETA when the server move will be done?

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I'm also interested in that "secret" way , if it still works . If you find it Disme , please pm the link

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    why do you all want to get there? Is it much beter than a combination of index sites+iRC+nzbmatrix+abhdtv?

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    why do you all want to get there? Is it much beter than a combination of index sites+iRC+nzbmatrix+abhdtv?
    Yes

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    Forgive me, but i seriously doubt that.

Once you have learned your way around with raw index sites\supersearch\usenet explorer's built-in search + u've got IRC/abhdtv for blurays i dont think you'll need anything else.

is it better because its all in one place? doesnt bothet me,really,
    in 99% cases i use usenet explorer's built-in search since i know what im doing +abhdtv, that's all
    Last edited by Hypatia; 02-28-2011 at 08:20 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Poster
    Ive used Matrix for years, and the suscription is nothing, along with astraweb there is no need for any other sites or newsgroups, its all there, everything, and SSL =)

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    actually matrix cant give you everything for obvious reasons.And any other site where nzb's are added manually by moderators\users

Thats why we need raw search\index service from time to time.
    As for me im more accustomed to working with raw search\index + headers sometimes and find it more productive than relying on manually added nzbs.

but whatever works for you is ok)
    Last edited by Hypatia; 02-28-2011 at 10:37 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    actually matrix cant give you everything for obvious reasons.And any other site where nzb's are added manually by moderators\users

Thats why we need raw search\index service from time to time.
    As for me im more accustomed to working with raw search\index + headers sometimes and find it more productive than relying on manually added nzbs.

but whatever works for you is ok)
    nzbs.org is, from what I hear, as good/full featured as matrix, but free. Its an automated indexer but highly filtered to block fakes/spam/passworded posts. The mods are top notch and make sure bad posts get removed and requested features get implemented. It has custom RSS feeds you can setup and plug into your usenet client to autodownload your regular shows and it completely supports sickbeard which other sites only partially support. http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/SearchProviders
    Along with binsearch for the occasional thing its all I need. nzb.su is the closes I've seen to it. I definitely don't care for manually uploaded nzb indexers. They are always way too slow to index and don't have half the content. There's just no need when you have an intelligently filtered auto indexer.

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by industrialpunk View Post
    nzbs.org is, from what I hear, as good/full featured as matrix, but free.
    From what you hear??? Why do you claim you heared about nzbs.org when you are a member, or is it a massive coincidence someone with your exact username has been there for 500+ days, posting on the nzbs.org's forum and having downloaded a shitload of nzb's?

Nzbs.org is fine for scene releases. But when it comes to, for example, full untouched Blu-ray discs, you won't find them on nzbs.org, while on matrix there's a shitload of them.

I'm in no way a matrix-fanboy, but nzbs.org isn't the ultimate nzb-site. It's good for scene-releases, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Disme; 03-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast