Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
Quote Originally Posted by RPerry

Comparing fighters of different era's is just about as smart as comparing baseball players of different era's ( not smart at all ) Things change with the time.

What I can say is that I have seen every one of Tysons fights as a proffesional, and up to the Buster Douglas Fight, I honestly don't believe there was anyone better. However, what ever happened before his first loss remains to be seen, but the Tyson who stepped into the ring that night was not the Tyson I has been watching for years. Watch his early fights, the watch all his fights after that loss. Even though he has won fights since losing his title, he is not the same fighter. Noticably missing is his head movement, and I haven't seen it since. Whatever the argument, I still say Tyson was the best of his time. His time was over in 1990. I think some of us keep hoping somehow he could have brought back the magic he had as a 20 yr old, and its just not going to happen. I am content to know all I have to do is hook up my Betamax, and I can see his history again.
Why did Mike go away from "peek-a-boo" anyway?
Ahh You realize it now too ? Don't have an answer. Poor management / training most likely. Wonder if Tyson himself has noticed ?
His upper body movement in the style with him coming at an opponent made it almost impossible to get hit.

Now he just stands there and takes the punches.

His early fights were a thing of beauty. I remember him when I wasn't really intimidated his opponent but they still couldn't beat him.