Thread: Tyson quits boxing after defeat

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Nope. You are absolutely wrong again.

Read again would you.......

He is the greatest heavyweight, besides Muhammad Ali, that I have ever seen
    I made no factual allusions whatsoever. Nice edit of my post on your part though. No really...nice try.

There is a prize waiting for you at the door on your way out.
    If Tyson is the second best heavyweight you have ever watched then you haven't watched much heavyweight boxing.

But wait, what have we here

"Keep in mind, I've seen Ali fights from watching Superbouts (I'm in my 30's)."

So have you also seen George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Evander Hollyfield, Lennox Lewis .... etc

So either you have watched a lot of heavyweights in which case your judgement is that Tyson was better than all of them (Ali excluded). I say again, what would you base that on, the facts deny it,

or

You haven't watched very much heavyweight boxing, in which case, my bad. I had thought you were perhaps a fan.
    That's of no consequence.

What I said was purely an opinion.

I see you haven't received your prize at the door yet.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep

He is the greatest heavyweight, besides Muhammad Ali, that I have ever seen
    I made no factual allusions whatsoever. Nice edit of my post on your part though. No really...nice try.

If Tyson is the second best heavyweight you have ever watched then you haven't watched much heavyweight boxing.

So have you also seen George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Evander Hollyfield, Lennox Lewis .... etc

So either you have watched a lot of heavyweights in which case your judgement is that Tyson was better than all of them (Ali excluded). I say again, what would you base that on, the facts deny it,

or

You haven't watched very much heavyweight boxing, in which case, my bad. I had thought you were perhaps a fan.
    Comparing fighters of different era's is just about as smart as comparing baseball players of different era's ( not smart at all ) Things change with the time.

What I can say is that I have seen every one of Tysons fights as a proffesional, and up to the Buster Douglas Fight, I honestly don't believe there was anyone better. However, what ever happened before his first loss remains to be seen, but the Tyson who stepped into the ring that night was not the Tyson I has been watching for years. Watch his early fights, the watch all his fights after that loss. Even though he has won fights since losing his title, he is not the same fighter. Noticably missing is his head movement, and I haven't seen it since. Whatever the argument, I still say Tyson was the best of his time. His time was over in 1990. I think some of us keep hoping somehow he could have brought back the magic he had as a 20 yr old, and its just not going to happen. I am content to know all I have to do is hook up my Betamax, and I can see his history again.

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry

Watch his early fights, the watch all his fights after that loss. Even though he has won fights since losing his title, he is not the same fighter. Noticably missing is his head movement, and I haven't seen it since. Whatever the argument, I still say Tyson was the best of his time. His time was over in 1990.
    I agree, but at his prime he was fighting nobodies, including Douglas.

His career was quite properly managed, so that he would fight people he would beat easily and he would build a reputation. That is done with all good fighters nowadays.

He also gave up a world title rather than fight Lennox Lewis.

Was Mike tyson, in his prime, the best of his era. Most Probably

Was he one of the greatest heavyweights. No, but he might have been, we will never know.

Was he second only to Ali, there is a power of evidence to the contrary and little to support it.

4. Sports Club   -   #44

or

Of course it's an opinion, everyone involved in this type of discussion is expressing an opinion.

However some people can provide evidence to support their opinion. They have something to base it on. Statistics > Adrenaline Rush as evidence.

5. Sports Club   -   #45

or

Comparing fighters of different era's is just about as smart as comparing baseball players of different era's ( not smart at all ) Things change with the time.

What I can say is that I have seen every one of Tysons fights as a proffesional, and up to the Buster Douglas Fight, I honestly don't believe there was anyone better. However, what ever happened before his first loss remains to be seen, but the Tyson who stepped into the ring that night was not the Tyson I has been watching for years. Watch his early fights, the watch all his fights after that loss. Even though he has won fights since losing his title, he is not the same fighter. Noticably missing is his head movement, and I haven't seen it since. Whatever the argument, I still say Tyson was the best of his time. His time was over in 1990. I think some of us keep hoping somehow he could have brought back the magic he had as a 20 yr old, and its just not going to happen. I am content to know all I have to do is hook up my Betamax, and I can see his history again.
    Why did Mike go away from "peek-a-boo" anyway?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #46

or

Of course it's an opinion, everyone involved in this type of discussion is expressing an opinion.

However some people can provide evidence to support their opinion. They have something to base it on. Statistics > Adrenaline Rush as evidence.
    I guess if I don't back it up, Deletion IKE will evaporate my posts.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Sports Club   -   #47

It's distinctly possible.

Any post of an opinion, not supported by a sufficiency of evidence is subject to possible deletion. Depending on whether it agrees with the views of The Team.

8. Sports Club   -   #48

Any post of an opinion, not supported by a sufficiency of evidence is subject to possible deletion. Depending on whether it agrees with the views of The Team.

Ruwel 25

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Sports Club   -   #49

Ruwel 25
    First Ruwel of FST, there is no FST.

Bye, Bye Post - it was good knowing ewe.

10. Sports Club   -   #50
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep

or

Why did Mike go away from "peek-a-boo" anyway?
    Ahh You realize it now too ? Don't have an answer. Poor management / training most likely. Wonder if Tyson himself has noticed ?
    Last edited by RPerry; 06-20-2005 at 08:10 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast