Thread: Live 8 tickets are a bit expensive are`nt they.??

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator

2. Lounge   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    bob asked people to flood ebay with fake bids to stop the touts selling them
    and ebay are going to remove them all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ic/4090774.stm

3. Lounge   -   #3
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    We got 2 in t'lottery.

Number 1 son and his mate are going.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles

That is class...ebay is great an all that...but I fecking hate it when people make money by selling on tickets

5. Lounge   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by (>Zero Cool<)
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles

That is class...ebay is great an all that...but I fecking hate it when people make money by selling on tickets
    Not that I am condoning the selling of these tickets. How much of the 3 million raised by them is going to the starving? I never caught the exact figures. I think I switched off when the expenses reached over 2 million.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    As said elsewhere, the exercise is not to raise a few million, or a few hundred million pounds.

It is to raise awareness and to coincide with the G8 summit, to put pressure on the rulers of the richest countries. To have Billions of pounds of debt written off.

I believe that is going well and that Gordon Brown is doing a sterling job in helping to achieve that.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    On Monday I forked out £95 to send my kids and a friend to the HIM gig at Shepherds Bush Empire as a 13th birthday present for our youngest so the wife & I won't be looking at Live8 ones.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Lounge   -   #8
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    As said elsewhere, the exercise is not to raise a few million, or a few hundred million pounds.

It is to raise awareness and to coincide with the G8 summit, to put pressure on the rulers of the richest countries. To have Billions of pounds of debt written off.

I believe that is going well and that Gordon Brown is doing a sterling job in helping to achieve that.
    does this not give bob the wrong idea?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by (>Zero Cool<)
    Why though? That's what EBay is all about...

I'm disappointed they stopped all the auctions, there were some pretty imaginative ones...

Some guy was raffling his tickets, £4.95 bought you a 1 in 200 chance of winning...

Also at least one was going to benefit a charity, in fact, the winning bidder was instructed to send the money direct to the charity.

I think Bob's just pissed off he didn't think of it first. If I'd won tickets I'd have put them on EBay too.