Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody actually "buy" music anymore?

Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I like to own the originals of my favourite bands and artists.
    I was collecting all of NOFX releases on vinyl and cd, but there is far too many ep's and stuff for me to be able to afford the entire collection at the moment.

Generally, I go for a few months without buying any, then order a bulk online.
    It saves on p+p, and I feel I'm doing my part for the bands who deserve support.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

2. Music   -   #22
    I only buy music from a Band which Truly deserves the Money spent on them

3. Music   -   #23
    Yes.

I buy music all the time.

I'll spend $40+ CND on imports for a single track.

4. Music   -   #24
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I have been collecting music since the age of ten...between my brother and I
    we have over 600 cd's cassetes,lp's even a few 8 tracks. (thats not counting my collection of burnt music.

I don't buy as often anymore... Iv'e ben raped by the music industry
    for long enough...now who's fucking who?

Peace bd

5. Music   -   #25
    im a musician too..when i was touring a lot of people would come up and say they liked the Cd..I'd ask if they bought it, and they all said they Dloaded it. They had a guilty look in their eyes, but I told them I didn't care as long as they liked the music and paid to see us play...supported us..etc i was fine w/ it.

6. Music   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ashen3
    I only buy music from a Band which Truly deserves the Money spent on them
    Same here....that or spend a whole bunch of money on concerts and band merchandise

7. Music   -   #27
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    If I feel it's worth paying the money, yes. Otherwise no, I'm not going to pay $20-30 for two tracks.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Music   -   #28
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    heres the thing you buy some hardware read a review and its shit you hate it but guess what you paid for it already no getting your money back !! in the past it was like that with albums you bought it for $30 or $9 for a single!!! it was disappointing and there goes your cash..

now you have the choose of downloading for free love it then buy it or download it hate it then delete it.. you see a lot of good comes out of it... word of mouth 75% of stuff I have I wouldn't have heard of if it wasn';t for file sharing

now think of this an artist probaly only gets $2 out of that $20 to $30 I pay for a CD wheres teh ret go?? to the music industry there the ones whos getting the shits there the ones losing out.

as a musican myself I personaly would rather be famous have people talk about my music how good I perform, am i good at guitar singing ect adn get the good word of mouth and have people come and see me and make some cash on the side.. why>???? well when your famous P2P won't effect you anyway and when your not famous?? p2p wont effect you either then too... you just have to get famous

its about music not money!! but it todays fucked up socity it seems that thing called money is life until your death
    Last edited by Adster; 06-19-2005 at 02:45 PM.

9. Music   -   #29
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    heres the thing you buy some hardware read a review and its shit you hate it but guess what you paid for it already no getting your money back !! in the past it was like that with albums you bought it for $30 or $9 for a single!!! it was disappointing and there goes your cash..

now you have the choose of downloading for free love it then buy it or download it hate it then delete it.. you see a lot of good comes out of it... word of mouth 75% of stuff I have I wouldn't have heard of if it wasn';t for file sharing

now think of this an artist probaly only gets $2 out of that $20 to $30 I pay for a CD wheres teh ret go?? to the music industry there the ones whos getting the shits there the ones losing out.

as a musican myself I personaly would rather be famous have people talk about my music how good I perform, am i good at guitar singing ect adn get the good word of mouth and have people come and see me and make some cash on the side.. why>???? well when your famous P2P won't effect you anyway and when your not famous?? p2p wont effect you either then too... you just have to get famous

its about music not money!! but it todays fucked up socity it seems that thing called money is life until your death
    In my opinion the good artists gain something out of the free downloading. If they become really popular then there is a bigger demand to see them live. Then, generally, that is where you separate the men from the boys. if they cant perform then they wont get many more gigs.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Music   -   #30
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I have not bought a cd in over 2 years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast