Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody actually "buy" music anymore?

Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    Not much anymore.. but i go to the metal music festivals alot so theres my support. I probably buy 10 or less cd's per year.
    Coming Soon!

2. Music   -   #32
    "Does anybody actually "buy" music anymore?"

Yes, all the time.
    Signature removed

3. Music   -   #33
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Brought 4 CD's last week.

Alkaline Trio - Crimson
    Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire
    Toto - Best Of
    Funeral For A Friend - Casually Dressed In Deep COnversation

4. Music   -   #34
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Hell yeah.

Nothin beats teh CD. Quality man, quality.

Spoiler: Show

5. Music   -   #35
    download first, if i like it, then buy a cd

6. Music   -   #36
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    now think of this an artist probaly only gets $2 out of that $20 to $30 I pay for a CD wheres teh ret go?? to the music industry there the ones whos getting the shits there the ones losing out.
    [rant]
    $2 outa $20??? BS it's more like $0.02 than $2 with all the big-name labels such as sony, etc... mebbe on some of the lesser labels such as fat wrech-chords (a great label btw) do the artists get a decent share of the cd sales but the large record labels pay their "artists" (some of whom have less than no talent) absolutelly fuck all... the only way those artists make money is from tours/merch at tours or endorsements by companies such as pepsi etc...
    [/rant]
    as for whether i buy cd's or not i do occasionally when i can a) afford them and b) if they have special-edition stuff (bonus dvd, etc) but other than that i'd rather spend money on going to the live shows and supporting the artists and not the corporate labels that have more money than anyone needs... now all i need is for me to have money and decent artists to come to ottawa (grrenday's f****n sold out already )

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

7. Music   -   #37
    I buy at least 2 CD's a month. It's an addiction.

8. Music   -   #38
    Occasionally. If I have some extra $$$ lying around or if its a album where the sound quality really matters, something like Mogwai or Sigur Ros...

9. Music   -   #39
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i havent bought a cd for months, the last one i bought was from a bargain bucket, you can find somethings you wont find anywhere else.

10. Music   -   #40
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    I still buy CDs but not very often. The last disc I bought was Brian Eno's Apollo.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast