Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it in the Genes?

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Hobbes, we were talking about "A Dr and his Wife" suing social services.

Dr's arent the only busy people; in this day and age many parents both have jobs and the kids are therefore more likely to get into trouble... ie: They're too Busy. This is not necessarily the fault of the parents, as putting food on the table and a roof over their heads must take priority, however it does say something about society as a whole.

The profession/Job of said parents is immaterial, except that most wouldnt be able to afford to sue Social Services. The fact that they can suggests that both parents in this case didnt NEED to be working, if indeed they were.....thats why my bet is on that.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Fist
    can't inherit thoughts and feelings
    Not so. Apparently you can inherit sexual preference feelings.
    really?
    so if ur pops was a sex fiend you can inherit that?
    where was this proven?
    i just dunno if i can agree

but i think if a gay guy has a child thru donating sperm to a couple in need
    the kid may turn out gay.
    because i hear that some homos brains actully show some characteristics of a female brain
    (dont ask for source i read that 3 years ago)

im sure the construction of the brains characteristics can be inherited

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Fist
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Not so. Apparently you can inherit sexual preference feelings.
    really?
    so if ur pops was a sex fiend you can inherit that?
    where was this proven?
    i just dunno if i can agree

but i think if a gay guy has a child thru donating sperm to a couple in need
    the kid may turn out gay.
    because i hear that some homos brains actully show some characteristics of a female brain
    (dont ask for source i read that 3 years ago)

im sure the construction of the brains characteristics can be inherited
    Who teh fook told you having a "female" brain had anything to do with your sexuality?

That's something else. Incidentally a significant percentage of all males have what's known as a female brain. It's to do with how you process information.

I haven't heard of any definitive proof of homosexuality being hereditary. As far as I know it's to do with several factors, both biological and environmental.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-15-2005 at 03:57 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    As far as I know it's to do with several factors, both biological and environmental.
    Quite. Behaviour is entirely different to a physical trait such as eye-colour or height, it's much more complicated. Sexuality cannot be pigeon-holed as one or t'other. Same goes for criminal tendencies.

Busyman was fishing
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I thought soliloquy was quality. He's obviously put some thought into the word choice, there.

Which is nice.
    It doesn't really work as a word choice though does it? I mean Hobbes is quoting someone to answer their point, and is actually questioning RF's views directly. Hardly someone talking to themselves...

Nice word though.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    As far as I know it's to do with several factors, both biological and environmental.
    Quite. Behaviour is entirely different to a physical trait such as eye-colour or height, it's much more complicated. Sexuality cannot be pigeon-holed as one or t'other. Same goes for criminal tendencies.

Busyman was fishing
    Ding-Ding...a winner.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    I thought soliloquy was quality. He's obviously put some thought into the word choice, there.

Which is nice.
    It doesn't really work as a word choice though does it? I mean Hobbes is quoting someone to answer their point, and is actually questioning RF's views directly. Hardly someone talking to themselves...

Nice word though.
    I used it 'cause he may as well had been.

Plus it was my chance to use the word soliloquy.
    Last edited by Busyman; 06-15-2005 at 04:18 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi

Which is nice.

Nice word though.
    hobbes did meander a bit - how relevant is the anecdotal part about his dad being a top bloke; I'm presuming Busy was being sarcastic.

I just liked it
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

Nice word though.
    hobbes did meander a bit - how relevant is the anecdotal part about his dad being a top bloke; I'm presuming Busy was being sarcastic.

I just liked it
    Maybe she just felt like mentioning that her Dad was a top bloke and used the thread as a vehicle to do that.

Like Busy used it to post the word "soliloquy". It was quite suite actually.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

I just liked it
    Maybe she just felt like mentioning that her Dad was a top bloke and used the thread as a vehicle to do that.

Like Busy used it to post the word "soliloquy". It was quite suite actually.
    Kind of like how we all responded so we could prove we knew what the word meant.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast