Thread: Sharing Files.....

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    This is a three part question and would be happy with an answer to any..
    First If I have a game I want to share but when I try and send to disc I just get the autorun part and not the full bit, how do I get it in my folder, secondly why in verifieds is there bin and cue files and whatever files do u need to dload all of them to get the game or just 1 part.
    Plus can I post verifieds of stuff that I share???

Bear with me lat pc was a zx spectrum

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Ex-member
    If you have a game you want to share you must copy the CD to an image file (like .iso files) using a program such as Nero or Easy CD Creator. You should then put the iso in your shared folder.
    Feel free to post verifieds of your own stuff - just make sure it works first.

Bins and Cues go together can can be burned using programs like Nero or Fireburner (NOT Easy CD Creator&#33. The bin contains the data while the cue includes instructions on how to burn the bin.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks m8 I was with you right up to how to burn the bin then my imagination ran wild..

I think I get you though

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    What game do you want to share.

Maybe it's already available. If so it will save you a lot of bother.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    eerrr I got the full version of Black Hawk down but if even if its available now I'd still like to be able to do it, I have nero express but seems complicated to do an iso file, any help appreciated on the nero, I also have undisker which is simpler to use but only time limited so I'd rather sort out the nero, Btw even the undisker does'nt want to create the iso file for this game even though it's only a 2 click operation

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Have you cracked the game or will people be able just to install it if they get the full cd from you.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    The games already cracked m8 all u do is install the game, copy and paste the cracked exe then your sorted update the game from in the program to current version 1.0.10 then add the 1.0.10 no cd patch that I was gonna package with it.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Simplest solution is to create a rar file, using winrar. Include all of the files in that.

Give it an appropriate name e.g Teletubbies Murder Death Kill with crack.

Add the rar to your shared folder / or folders.

Others can then download the rar file, extract it and install from the extracted directory.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Ok I dloaded a prog called undisker but that just created a 120 kb file that obviously was'nt the game, then I tried as u recomended creating a RAR file but about half way through it said file not supported (or words to that affect) so I played around with nero express for a while and that came up trumps, only strange thing is that the iso I created with nero is classed as a RAR file(also when I create others for test) so is it normal for my nero to be creating a RAR file???

The file works for me so I've packed the no CD crack with it and some instructions but before I add the hash in the verifieds am I safe to assume that if it works for me it will work for every1 else????

Sorry for the newbie stuff but I gotta start somewhere.