Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Two Things

Originally posted by ClubDiggler@12 April 2003 - 09:57
    missprint.
    missprint? Riiiight!

What are you hiding in that deleted post? What is it you don't want us to know??

We know you have ties to middle eastern terrorist organizations.

We have doccuments that will prove that your mother's second cousin on her father's side bought toothpaste from a store in lower Manhattan. One of the cashiers at that store has a friend that was on a trip to France when he was approached by a man in a dark alley selling opium.

That opium came from Afghanistan, smuggled through customs in the bowels of a burmese python from Cuba.

So you may as well confess!

On a more serious note...Do you think the nerve agent they detected on the missile casing is legit, or did the equiptment give a false positive?

Just conjecture. While we're waiting for the truth that most of us know, but a few wish to deny.

Peace

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    @ClubDiggler

I am against one country being able to veto what the majority may want.

If the UN decided to never go to war with Iraq(which would mean the majority of the world agrees if the veto power is taken away, and even with the veto power available at this time it was evident the majority was against war at this time) and this meant that the suffering was to continue, I would not be happy.
    But I would support the decision on the basis that the majority of the UN also agreed. I would therefore have to assume that there is a valid reason for this.

You can say it is all being halted because of procedure and that people are going to suffer needlessly. But I think that that is happening anyway and the results of one or two countries going their own way and doing what they want anyway may just cause more suffering in the long run.

I belive that if didn't agree with their decision and decided myself to do something about it, and called anyone who got in my way an enemy that I would also deal with, then I should be considered as someone who is trying to run the world my way(sorry for the long sentence). In other words, a dictator.

Just because my country does not kill and torture people does not mean that the president is not showing signs of being a dictator.

Just because I agree with the reasons for a war, doesn't mean I agree that my country alone should be the one to decide that it is time.

I am just glad that our president is elected(leaving aside some peoples doubts) and will eventually be replaced with a new one. At least I know that if things go too wrong, with luck a new person in control can repair some of the damage.

Hopefully I am not still confusing anyone. It is easier to feel the way I do then to explain the way I feel.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz+12 April 2003 - 19:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ne1GotZardoz @ 12 April 2003 - 19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ClubDiggler@12 April 2003 - 09:57
    missprint.
    missprint? Riiiight&#33;

What are you hiding in that deleted post? What is it you don&#39;t want us to know??

We know you have ties to middle eastern terrorist organizations.

We have doccuments that will prove that your mother&#39;s second cousin on her father&#39;s side bought toothpaste from a store in lower Manhattan. One of the cashiers at that store has a friend that was on a trip to France when he was approached by a man in a dark alley selling opium.

That opium came from Afghanistan, smuggled through customs in the bowels of a burmese python from Cuba.

So you may as well confess&#33;

On a more serious note...Do you think the nerve agent they detected on the missile casing is legit, or did the equiptment give a false positive?

Just conjecture. While we&#39;re waiting for the truth that most of us know, but a few wish to deny.

Peace [/b][/quote]
    That missprint is a result of a double post with the same
    info (my post right above.) So I changed the second one
    to make it shorter.

By the way, I buy my toothpaste uptown, but I&#39;ll be going downtown
    for dinner tonight and that is a different story.... B)

Regarding the nerve agent. I guess we&#39;ll have to wait and see.

Peace back

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani@12 April 2003 - 20:26
    @ClubDiggler

I am against one country being able to veto what the majority may want.

If the UN decided to never go to war with Iraq(which would mean the majority of the world agrees if the veto power is taken away, and even with the veto power available at this time it was evident the majority was against war at this time) and this meant that the suffering was to continue, I would not be happy.
    But I would support the decision on the basis that the majority of the UN also agreed. I would therefore have to assume that there is a valid reason for this.

You can say it is all being halted because of procedure and that people are going to suffer needlessly. But I think that that is happening anyway and the results of one or two countries going their own way and doing what they want anyway may just cause more suffering in the long run.

I belive that if didn&#39;t agree with their decision and decided myself to do something about it, and called anyone who got in my way an enemy that I would also deal with, then I should be considered as someone who is trying to run the world my way(sorry for the long sentence). In other words, a dictator.

Just because my country does not kill and torture people does not mean that the president is not showing signs of being a dictator.

Just because I agree with the reasons for a war, doesn&#39;t mean I agree that my country alone should be the one to decide that it is time.

I am just glad that our president is elected(leaving aside some peoples doubts) and will eventually be replaced with a new one. At least I know that if things go too wrong, with luck a new person in control can repair some of the damage.

Hopefully I am not still confusing anyone. It is easier to feel the way I do then to explain the way I feel.
    I think you make a great point and it makes sense...plenty.

I believe the final UN vote never took place.

The US knew either France or Russia was going to use their veto
    power and stop any attack attempts.

I guess we&#39;ll never know who the majority really is.

But hey, well said.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Poster
    1. The smiles are real

2. Sadam has won for the last 25 years, now HE LOST&#33;

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345