Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I agree

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Things like this really just annoy people.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t97253.html

That is all I wish to say on the matter. It is clear, concise and comprehensive. As any good report should be.
    At the very least if you're going to delete someone's post then you should PM them to let them know what you're doing.

This then immediatley means you are engaging that person via the PM system if they have any complaints so you won't have to hide behind some rule for your ruling. You will actually have to explain yourself. Also they (the "off-topic" poster) will be less inclined to start a thread about it. Just makes sense to me, if you don't want people "questioning admin/mod actions in public" then fecking engage them in debate before they do.

Also, if their off-topic conduct becomes a problem then you will have given them ample chance by warning them via this system.

And stop deleting Withcheese's posts on the sly, I hear he's getting fed up of it.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-16-2005 at 10:54 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    See. That's all I want, well that and some fecking CONSISTENCY.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-16-2005 at 10:53 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Retired
    There is NO need to PM someone who has been a member here for a long time when his or her post is removed from the 'Everything related to this board' section. You know off-topic posting isnt allowed.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t82911.html

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Yes well done on pasting in that link , but mine wasn't the only post that bordered on off-topic in that thread at the time whoever went on a deletion-spree managed to piss me off.

And don't tell me that other posts were deleted, 'cos yesterday (for me) mine was the only post to go missing, before I complained.

I still don't even know who did it, though Im guessing it was you.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-16-2005 at 11:01 PM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    There is NO need to PM someone who has been a member here for a long time when his or her post is removed from the 'Everything related to this board' section.
    Yes, there is. Because if we have a complaint about it, if we feel our post is on-topic and that you are being unfair we need to know who to engage to make a complaint.

How hard is it to PM someone btw? You could even have a copy & paste thing for it ("Dear Forum Member, I have deleted your post because I think it's off-topic. If you have any questions please PM me").
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-16-2005 at 11:02 PM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    And don't tell me that other posts were deleted, 'cos yesterday (for me) mine was the only post to go missing, before I complained.

thats not true.

Do I need to post a screenshot to show your wrong?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

Yes, there is. Because if we have a complaint about it, if we feel our post is on-topic and that you are being unfair we need to know who to engage to make a complaint.
    Rule. 13

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Sparsely's post was still there after you'd deleted mine, and imartin's post was a comment about ot-posts so it stands to reason that one would be removed.

But to correct myself then, since I guess I don'y know what you did the rest of the day in retrospect, mine was the only post that had gone missing, when I looked, that was a reply to someone else in the thread yesterday, that I noticed, and you hadn't touched sparsely's post if you hadn't been trying to cover your ass.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-16-2005 at 11:13 PM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}

thats not true.

Do I need to post a screenshot to show your wrong?
    I don't think that is neccessary. Just PM people in future.

In fact I have a better idea, just post it in the thread:

"Sorry guys I've deleted a few posts that were off-topic, please try to stay on-topic. If you have an issue with this then please PM me."

You can copy and paste that if you want.

It covers you for that rule you keep posting as well.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Retired
    Sparsely's post was still there after you'd deleted mine, and imartin's post was a comment about ot-posts so it stands to reason that one would be removed.

But to correct myself then, since I guess I don'y know what you did the rest of the day in retrospect, mine was the only post that had gone missing, when I looked, that was a reply to someone else in the thread yesterday, that I noticed, and you hadn't touched sparsely's post if you hadn't been trying to cover your ass.
    Your post was removed first yes, then right after that I removed 4 more.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast