Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FAST Bit torrent sites?

We all know ET was Blazing fast, and honestly the replacment of that site is even faster IMO. but what other sites can hang with those speeds. I would like to get a list of sites that can give you DL speeds at least past 100 KB consistantly. What sites do you know of?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    im assuming ur talking about speeds when u download?? Cause that usually depends on ur connection that the peers ur connecting to...
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    micolithe's Avatar Painfully average.
    The sites have nothing to do with the speeds, generally. The tracker might make a slight difference here or there, but most torrents now have more than one tracker.
    Current Favorite Song
    Exodus Damage by John Vanderslice

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    some trackers enforce ul/dl ratios, like ET did, and tend to have faster speeds then public trackers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    obey the duck
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gg13man
    We all know ET was Blazing fast, and honestly the replacment of that site is even faster IMO.
    I'm sorry to go off topic here, but there's an ET replacement?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    All private ratio sites have fast torrents ...

IMO speed comes from the seeds/leechers on a torrent not really the site.

Like already mentioned, public trackers stink. I don't think any public sites enforce good share ratios ?? .. I don't know, because I don't use them.

Anyways, why seed at a public site when some leech is gonna leech it and run ... Public sites are a waste of bandwidth, and a leeches paradise. You want fast torrents, you can start by avoiding public sites.

You can also check the peerlist of a torrent at private site.

EDIT: I consider 100KB/s slow

ummm... For the guy asking about the ET replacement, it's not as good as you think. Maybe it'll get better though.
    Last edited by madden player; 06-17-2005 at 05:08 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I don't see what makes private trackers so great. I just joined Pisexy and TorrentLeech two days ago, and I'm still using TorrentSpy!

Pisexy and TorrentLeech never have what I'm looking for, and whenever they do, they make me wait 10-20 hours. On top of that, you have to keep a good share ratio, otherwise you get banned. My ratio at TorrentLeech sucks (still havn't found anything good to download off Pisexy), thats because after its done, while I'm seeding, no one is downloading! My upload was going at 5kb/sec while I was seeding it. Then I had to go, I don't leave my computer on 24/7.

Infact, I'm downloading a torrent from TorrentSpy right now.

EDIT: If your wondering, I was looking for an episode of "Fire me Please." Pisexy doesn't have it, and to get it off TorrentLeech I have to wait 23 hours! I'm downloading it off TorrentSpy and it'll be done much sooner than that.
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 06-17-2005 at 05:09 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    I don't see what makes private trackers so great.
    Speed

EDIT: ummm ... if you upload more you won't have them wait times
    Last edited by madden player; 06-17-2005 at 05:18 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I've been with filelist.org for quite some time and find there are more seeders than leechers. I always get great speeds there (140K) on average.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    malyo's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by madden player
    ummm... For the guy asking about the ET replacement, it's not as good as you think. Maybe it'll get better though.
    So which is the ET replacement? And what is IMO?

Speed depends on tracker? Hell YES! Mathematically it only depends on the peers' speeds, but if the torrent has 500 peers it is always faster than one with 5 peers. And there were trackeres like TorrenrBits.org and ET on which you could get 100kB/s+++ on ANY torrent. To be more exact it depends on the community and not on the tracker but it is all the same if you want to call ET a community or a tracker.

Finally in response to the thread I think that the fastest (biggest and most active) community is FileList. Although you could also get good speeds on torrentbytes, pisexy, torrentit, torrentleech depending on the torrent.
    Last edited by malyo; 06-17-2005 at 11:05 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast