Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LimeWire Problem

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing an influx of corrupted mp3's on their computer? Sometimes I search a popular song and 90% of my results are corrupted. What's the deal?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    i haven't, that's really weird.
    try ares or something different.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    ive noticed that for some songs, mostly the really new popular songs. it was only a matter of time.. RIAA did the same thing with fastertracker and either dumbasses dont delete the files or RIAA sets up 1000pcs with the fake files on it...
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    thats weird.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I don't use the Gnutella Network, so I shouldn't comment ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnutella

... But I have friends that do, and like previously mentioned by another poster, it's always new, pop songs that are corrupt .. .. Gnutella isn't anything like the fasttrack network though

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks a bunch guys! I fugred it had something to do with the RIAA but I wasn't sure.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I dont think its the riaa on this one. Its sponsored by ad companies i'm thinking, because they're named free ipod and they mention links to a site.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    spam- ugh
    glad I don't prefer "pop" music, although I have had this problem before once or twice. ya, probably corprate, riaa would just go after whoever is sharing the file
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I found that when searching for videos and some audio files you get .mov .wmv .asx files that are like 128kbs in size when it says the video is something like 2 hours long. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THEM. asx files especially can be used to send you to sites to "get a license" but the site can sometimes download malware of some sort, or charge you to view the video but you dont get access to it.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard1992
    I found that when searching for videos and some audio files you get .mov .wmv .asx files that are like 128kbs in size when it says the video is something like 2 hours long. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THEM. asx files especially can be used to send you to sites to "get a license" but the site can sometimes download malware of some sort, or charge you to view the video but you dont get access to it.

Kazza veteran eh?
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast