Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found me a new home

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    WOW! Reality tried to get me to switch to newsgroups for the latest releases. I always just passed it up cause I was so used to using bittorrent or IRC. I just followed his step by step tutorial and have everything set up and downloading right now at amazing speeds.

Thanku Reality for opening my eyes up..

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Glad to see you aboard and hopefully you can use the Submit An NZB function we have here also.
    It would be nice to have you active around these parts...

Last edited by RealitY; 06-19-2005 at 05:50 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    thats kool, newcster68. your an inspiration . im gonna try.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Newsgroups is the only way to go...........
    Best speeds Ive ever got 948kb down
    Last edited by tkpro; 06-20-2005 at 12:02 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Good to hear =D ... Newsgroups require your isp having such a service right?
    Am with BT UK and as far as I know, I'm not permitted access to these here parts. :p

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TRshady
    Good to hear =D ... Newsgroups require your isp having such a service right?
    Am with BT UK and as far as I know, I'm not permitted access to these here parts. :p
    no you can use any server. but good servers costs monthly ~10 bucks

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Cheers IKE, I've read Realitys Guide on newsgroups along with the basics covered in the guides he mentioned. Without going to far off topic, would you be kind enough as to answer these few questions on newgroups:

* Why are people so open about it? - The download of copyrighted files is illegal, in which case why are there guides and so on, along with services providing the service. I'm guessing it's because it's primarily a news service right?

* Join Newshosting and I'm set? - Once I join newshosting ( I'm aware there's other companies ), I can use a newsgroup search site and immediatly get to downloading? )

Edit: Just signed up using the forums refferal link, does that warrant me premnium support from you guys? :p
    Last edited by TRshady; 06-20-2005 at 12:37 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Retired
    Cheers IKE, I've read Realitys Guide on newsgroups along with the basics covered in the guides he mentioned. Without going to far off topic, would you be kind enough as to answer these few questions on newgroups:

* Why are people so open about it? - The download of copyrighted files is illegal, in which case why are there guides and so on, along with services providing the service. I'm guessing it's because it's primarily a news service right?

* Join Newshosting and I'm set? - Once I join newshosting ( I'm aware there's other companies ), I can use a newsgroup search site and immediatly get to downloading? )

Edit: Just signed up using the forums refferal link, does that warrant me premnium support from you guys? :p

Posting how you should download stuff off usenet is not illegal.
    Downloading movies here in the Netherlands is also legal

Yes, when you got your account name and password you can start downloading. make sure you use an 'unlimited' account (and not one where you pay per GB)

and thank you for using our refferal link
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-20-2005 at 12:49 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Excellent stuff, thanks IKE .. have got it set up and am download a file in 16 parts ( currently have 4 parts downloading ). All seems to be going well.

Am using Gabit, with 4 items on the go as said, with Gabit going through each in turn downloading an 'article'. Am keeping an eye on the download speed, which is maxing out ( 2mb = 250kb/s as far as I remember ), but going down to 0 and back up repeatedly every 10 seconds or so .. is this normal?

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Retired
    Excellent stuff, thanks IKE .. have got it set up and am download a file in 16 parts ( currently have 4 parts downloading ). All seems to be going well.

Am using Gabit, with 4 items on the go as said, with Gabit going through each in turn downloading an 'article'. Am keeping an eye on the download speed, which is maxing out ( 2mb = 250kb/s as far as I remember ), but going down to 0 and back up repeatedly every 10 seconds or so .. is this normal?
    Is your internet speed dropping or is it because grabit finished downloading a 'part' (every file has multiple parts)?

you should try newsleecher. (I can send you version 1 if you want ) Newsleecher is much better then grabit.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-20-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast