Thread: AMD or Intel.

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    quote the /.
    http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardwar...&tid=1&tid=137

Its about the benchmarks on the new sandiego core fx-57 vrs the intel. check it out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Once again AMD is teh pwnz0rs

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    yup

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    Once again AMD is teh pwnz0rs
    We will see next month. Cant wait

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    We clearly see the FX-57 as a “Don’t you wish you could build a chip this fast Intel?” product

Or is it a "Don't you wish you could afford a chip like this" product.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx

Or is it a "Don't you wish you could afford a chip like this" product.
    Why yes I do.
    My forum browsing would be lightning fast, I'll wager.

More important than the differences between individual chips is the platform they inhabit, IMO.
    AMD will keep the socket939 going for a few more years...the dual-cores will drop right in.
    In 15 minutes I can upgrade while keeping all the peripheral components the same.
    Furthermore, the AMD boards will be on the third (maybe fourth) generation when Intel is just starting.
    Stuff like SLI and memory compatability should be relatively bug free with the AMD platform, but the dual core SLI Intel setup will be brand new.

Saying that the FX-57 kicks a P4EE's ass is fun I suppose, but not as relevant as the refinement/ cost of the support hardware.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    intel are crap, i have a 3.0ghz pentium 4 processor, and i have had nothing but trouble with it, its slow, well tottaly useless, if your going to play games then AMD is the way to go, i am going to build a new rig with a 3700+ AMD-64 venice in hopefully, and that will kick my current computers ass, one day when amd is still around, intel will be long gone, there lagging behind amd by a considrable margin, and the most superior AMD processor, will kick intels most superior processor, as its not all about clock speed, its about clock cycles, as Amd processors have more clock cycles than intel processors, all that intel care about is higher frequencys eg 3.8ghz pentium 4 processor, but i think it may finnaly be sinking in to intel, and then might just make a come back in the next couple of years, HA yea right.