Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Israel vs. Palestine - reviving an old discussion

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    tralalala,

I suggest you look up what is happening at the former Palm Beach Hotel in the Gaza Strip as an example.

They have a basement full of arms and ammunition, have already shot 4 Palestinians and refused to hand over the suspects for questioning.. The IDF stands and watches as more and more "Settlers" arrive and does absolutely nothing.

The fact is that if they'd been Palestinians the IDF would have already flattened the place to get at the suspects, never mind watching as more and more Palestinians with Guns continued to arrive and build more barracades and booby traps.

Yes, they're even rigging the Hotel to blow as a last resort...

And there are already 60 families (yes, families.. they've taken the wives and kids) living there, with space for 160 families in the Hotel itself.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 06-28-2005 at 07:06 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    @tralala: I don't think it'll be over for everyone, but maybe this'll remove a lot of the support the nutters on the palestinian side have. Maybe, one day, everyone will see those fundamentalist nutters who'll still take innocent lives as nothing but terrorists, rather than holy warriors.

In any case, I think it's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    The Separation of Church and State?

It would do wonders throughout the Islamic world, wouldn't it?
    Some more of it would probably not hurt the US either

Snny please do something with your avatar. Everytime I see it I think oh noess!! too much self loving in my youth has caught up with me.

As to to Rafi's question, I am beginning to think that the only true solution is one secular state that serves both Israeli and Palestinian. However, I appreciate that the change in thinking required on both sides is perhaps too great.

Consequently two viable states that provide something worth hanging on to for the Palestinians is probably the only way out of the impasse.

Many of the small radical settlements are motivated by religion and ideology and are deliberately provoking ill-feeling. It is right that these people are reigned in by Israel.

What one does with the couple of large secular and mostly friendly West Bank settlements like Ariel is a different matter.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    What do I think about the whole ME situation? (don't look at my sig just yet >_< )

There will always be turmoil in that region, optimistic or not, you have to eventually wake up and face reality. I solely blame the UN and the US for this. If the whole state of Israel was never created I very much doubt that all this violence would not be taking place today, but I dont' want to be a hypocrite so I will face reality with the fact that you can't go back in time . To diffuse the situation there right now, pretty much impossible. The Israeli's will blame the Arabs for their bombings and killings and the Arabs will blame the Israeli's for their bombings and killings. Which ever way you look at it, but the media in this world is unique enough to always portray Israeli's as the victor and "good". Pretty sad that in this day and age you'd see something like that, manipulation of media based on the actual events is just disgracing, especially when it favours one side over another, I want the actual story, not opinoins, when I watch the news.

Other than that, I truly honestly hope that one day fighting will stop there and the people of Israel and Palestine can live in harmony. And I hope that day will come soon, because this conflict has been going on for way too long.

Good to have you back too Rafi, I saw you around the boards back in the day never knew that you left though.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 06-29-2005 at 10:49 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    @Rat Faced: That story is long gone.
    Settlers thought they would do a "Massada 2" by suiciding if forced to leave. The cowards eventually decided not to do so and left the Palm Beach Hotel in Gush Katif.
    As much as they think they are going to stop the withdrawal, it ain't gonna happen cos the plans have been made, the PLO has received maps and plans of what's gonna happen during and after the withdrawal.

I think the main reason for the nutter settlers to carry on their stupid "resistance" is because of what the media are making of it.... If the media would not have taken any notice then these crazy-ass settlers would stop doing what they are doing...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    @Rat Faced: That story is long gone.
    Settlers thought they would do a "Massada 2" by suiciding if forced to leave. The cowards eventually decided not to do so and left the Palm Beach Hotel in Gush Katif.
    As much as they think they are going to stop the withdrawal, it ain't gonna happen cos the plans have been made, the PLO has received maps and plans of what's gonna happen during and after the withdrawal.

I think the main reason for the nutter settlers to carry on their stupid "resistance" is because of what the media are making of it.... If the media would not have taken any notice then these crazy-ass settlers would stop doing what they are doing...
    According to this report there are still plenty of people there, although it may not be the original ones.

The BBC showed the scenes referred to by Rat Faced on TV yesterday.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    it'll all be over please god in just over 2 months........ lets hope that we will then be able to get some peace round here....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12