Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israel vs. Palestine - reviving an old discussion

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Hey all...

I have decided, as part of my mini "comeback" to FST to revive an old discussion topic that was originally started by kAb during the times FST was called the K-Lite forum and was using IPB....

So, as Israel approaches it's date for removng all settlers from the Gaza strip and parts of the West Bank, what do you think of this move? For or against and why?

As an Israeli, I am totally for it. I think it's about time we Israelis got them crazy ass settlers out of where they don't belong and send them to the State of Israel..

The Palestinians deserve a country.. And hopefully this disengagement will lead to peace after many years of bombings, shootings, etc. etc.....

What do you all think about the Israeli-Palestinian "war"? Is it towards the end?
    I think it's still far from the end.. because as of what we saw at Camp David some 6 years ago, we saw that Arafat was against what was offered, which is exactly what they (the Palestinians) wantedi n the first place - thus we can probably assume that even though all the settlers will be out of where they souldn't be, the Palestinians won't be happy and will want more (at least the extremists.....).
    What do you think?

What are your stands?

Hope this topic is as succesful as the original one.

Rafi

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    Hey all...

I have decided, as part of my mini "comeback" to FST to revive an old discussion topic that was originally started by kAb during the times FST was called the K-Lite forum and was using IPB....

So, as Israel approaches it's date for removng all settlers from the Gaza strip and parts of the West Bank, what do you think of this move? For or against and why?

As an Israeli, I am totally for it. I think it's about time we Israelis got them crazy ass settlers out of where they don't belong and send them to the State of Israel..

The Palestinians deserve a country.. And hopefully this disengagement will lead to peace after many years of bombings, shootings, etc. etc.....

What do you all think about the Israeli-Palestinian "war"? Is it towards the end?
    I think it's still far from the end.. because as of what we saw at Camp David some 6 years ago, we saw that Arafat was against what was offered, which is exactly what they (the Palestinians) wantedi n the first place - thus we can probably assume that even though all the settlers will be out of where they souldn't be, the Palestinians won't be happy and will want more (at least the extremists.....).
    What do you think?

What are your stands?

Hope this topic is as succesful as the original one.

Rafi
    Hi Rafi.

Yes I think it is a good idea. The removal of any 'stumbling block' must be a step on the road to peace.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    I dont think we will ever see peace in that region, there has been a conflict there for centuries.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by yonki
    I dont think we will ever see peace in that region, there has been a conflict there for centuries.
    come on yonki! lets be optimistic for peace in the region!

i am totally for the withdrawal however it would not have had to happen if the israelis hadnt entered that land in the first place..see that its a waste of money and its gonna unsettle the settlers.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    @ yonki: the conflict you are thinking of started after the 6 day war in 1967......

anyway, hi BB, long time no see (on FST that is ).

@chinook: too right you are.. millions of dollars went there and lives of Israeli soldiers were taken for noe reason, when instead the money could have gone to open old age homes, or homes for children with needs etc... shame Israel ever decided to go there in the first place..

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    RAFI!!

Good to see you!

I see the Israelis moves of late (the wall, exiting Gaza, West Bank, etc.) as a more definitive strategy than has been tried previously; they are attempting to demonstrate (I think) that a conflict can be defused by the mere withdrawal of one side from the contest.

If they are successful (that is, barring any international interference-think U.N.), we will find over time that such an insulated proximity will sap much of the "fuel" which drives this historically and heretofore intractable mutual loathing.

As an aside-

Would that, along with our urge to "export democracy", we could manage to include (as a bonus!) the other precept that seems to be (these days) all the rage...oh, what was it, now?

Oh, yeah-

The Separation of Church and State?

It would do wonders throughout the Islamic world, wouldn't it?
    Please hand your wooden spoon into the stores now! It is being misused.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    @tralala: I don't think it'll be over for everyone, but maybe this'll remove a lot of the support the nutters on the palestinian side have. Maybe, one day, everyone will see those fundamentalist nutters who'll still take innocent lives as nothing but terrorists, rather than holy warriors.

In any case, I think it's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    The Separation of Church and State?

It would do wonders throughout the Islamic world, wouldn't it?
    Some more of it would probably not hurt the US either

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I dont think that the withdrawal from Gaza will happen.

If they were going to enforce it, the Israeli's would be stopping more settlers from going into the villages/towns that are supposed to be withdrawn... not standing by and watching extremist right wing Israeli elements moving into them with guns.

I honestly hope i'm wrong, as it would be a huge step in the right direction of a long road

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    i still do think the withdrawal will take place
    Last edited by chinook_apache; 06-21-2005 at 03:33 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    @Rat Faced - I am happy to brake it to you that you are wrong.. even horribly wrong

In the past few weeks maybe 3 nutter families went to live there thinking they would manage to stop the withdrawal (that by the way, is actually starting Sunday by closing off the northern West Bank to stop extremists from getting to Gaza to try stop the disengagement..).

@j2k4 - nice to be back how ya'll been doing here without me?
    I didn't really follow your post as I'm pretty tired and can't follow posts with high language.... lol I'm going on a bit eh?

Well, lets just hope this "war" will be over soon so we don't have to worry no more about going on busses and co. again..

Rafi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast