Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Retired

Question Mark

I was just checking 'Batman Begins' on IMDb and I saw that this movie is now #64 on the IMDb top250 list.
    I know new movies always get higher scores and often leave the top250 after a while (like SW III)

Is this movie really that good???
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-21-2005 at 09:43 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    It's the "fan-boy" effect. Star Wars 3 also came in high on that chart (not as high but still...) and has now fallen out of the Top 250. Give it a few weeks and it will fall down, but it might hang around the Top 250 (I mean if LOTR can...).

As to the film itself I thought that it was brilliant. Really in keeping with the comics, much more focus on Batman/Bruce Wayne, didn't stretch the unbeilabilty factor too much and good performances from Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy and Patrick Bateman Christian Bale.

Defiently my favourite film of the year ahead of Sin City by a hairs breadth.

btw: The IMDB poll is a pretty awful poll. For one it is male dominated, secondly the majority of the age group voting is 18-29 and, thirdly, over half the voters are American.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-21-2005 at 01:11 PM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    It's the "fan-boy" effect. Star Wars 3 also came in high on that chart (not as high but still...) and has now fallen out of the Top 250. Give it a few weeks and it will fall down, but it might hang around the Top 250 (I mean if LOTR can...).

As to the film itself I thought that it was brilliant. Really in keeping with the comics, much more focus on Batman/Bruce Wayne, didn't stretch the unbeilabilty factor too much and good performances from Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy and Patrick Bateman Christian Bale.

Defiently my favourite film of the year ahead of Sin City by a hairs breadth.

btw: The IMDB poll is a pretty awful poll. For one it is male dominated, secondly the majority of the age group voting is 18-29 and, thirdly, over half are American.
    Sir, you have now convinced me to get the Batman, and the Sin Thanks. City too.

But first I gotta nick some albums on SS...
    Spoiler: Show

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Retired
    The trailer looks really good.

Is it that good that its a 'must see in theater' kinda movie?

Premiere is next wednesday here in Holland
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-22-2005 at 03:04 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Ike - i reckon so. the set peices are very imressive and i much prefered it to not only the shitty cam versions out at the moment, but even if therye was a decent telceine - i still think youd miss out on a lot of the atmosphere too

i really thought it was an exceptional film. very moving and funny in places and had a real darkness to it that seemed fitting for the start of batman. it also molds his education and the coolness of batman well during the movie so it deosnt appear disjointed

great film - must see in cinema - then watch again with a decent release
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    The trailer looks really good.

Is it that good that its a 'must see in theater' kinda movie?

Premiere is next wednesday here in Holland

Defiently one to watch at the cinema, I know I will be watching it again there.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Retired
    Batman.Begins.iNTERNAL.TS.XviD-CRDS

they say quality is good. but I think it will get nuked for bad AR
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-22-2005 at 07:14 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Batman.Begins.iNTERNAL.TS.XviD-CRDS is on filelist.org....

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Retired
    Batman.Begins.iNTERNAL.TS.XviD-CRDS

NUKED :: DECODER.SUBLIMINAL.MESSAGES.APPEARS.DURING.THE FILM-CROPPED ALSO!

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I'm going to see it 2night on the big screen. I'll give a review from a womens point of view lol

Also has anyone seen it in the IMAX theaters?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast