Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Things To Do In Paris

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I do, however, think you're Francophobic. Which is a pity as it's spilled over and could affect Hank's appreciation of the culture created by the Parisian artisans.
    I see what you are saying mate, however I think that Hank is probably capable of taking suggestions but making up his own mind.

I doubt he is so otiose as to just read the words of others and let them decide what he should or shouldn't do. Tho' I may have misread the situation, obviously.
    It is oft said in a court of law that a jury should disregard evidence heard on account of it being inadmissable. But once heard, the implications of same evidence cannot be totally erased from one's mind's eye.

I am not suggesting Hank is otiose, merely that it may subconciously discombobulate his judgement, somewhat.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I see what you are saying mate, however I think that Hank is probably capable of taking suggestions but making up his own mind.

I doubt he is so otiose as to just read the words of others and let them decide what he should or shouldn't do. Tho' I may have misread the situation, obviously.
    It is oft said in a court of law that a jury should disregard evidence heard on account of it being inadmissable. But once heard, the implications of same evidence cannot be totally erased from one's mind's eye.

I am not suggesting Hank is otiose, merely that it may subconciously discombobulate his judgement, somewhat.
    I am surprised at you, I would never have suspected you capable of such tawdry logic. If the suggestions discombobulate his subconcious decision making that has exactly the same effect as an otiose demeanour on his part.

The end result is the same.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Last edited by vidcc; 06-23-2005 at 09:51 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I took your statement, added a tasty morsel...and cast the line asunder
    Asunder?

Why?

Are you sure you want to cast me as a Francophobe if such term is not your own concoction?

The only problem I have with the French is their, ummm....ethnicity.

Move them all to Spain or Italy and I'm sure they would soon be indistinguishable from the natives.

Honestly though, our resident Guillaume has always presented as supremely reasonable and accomodating, and is as even-tempered as any here; I tip my oversized hat to him without compunction, as he has the type of effacing attitude toward his country as I have toward mine (though I'm sure this last is apparent to precisely no one), and I appreciate him doubly for that.
    you shouldn't have to appreciate him. you think he's an odd one out? would you expect a regular french person to be meretricious and any one who isn't is a special case?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    manker's Avatar effendi

I am surprised at you, I would never have suspected you capable of such tawdry logic. If the suggestions discombobulate his subconcious decision making that has exactly the same effect as an otiose demeanour on his part.

The end result is the same.
    Clearly my statement was tempered, if not qualified, with the use of 'somewhat'.

Your own use of an absolute reveals your ploy and renders your argument completely meretricious.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56

BTW-What/whom would you term a "regular" French person?
    obviously the same as terming a regular American.....one who has fibre in their diet

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

obviously the same as terming a regular American.....one who has fibre in their diet
    ...and accompagné d'un Bordeaux agréable?
    des choses sont mieux assorties au coke

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456